In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Starting Time and Place
9:00 a. m. Pamplin Historical Park - Education Center Freedom Garden
6523 Duncan Rd, Petersburg , VA 23803
Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-up:
7:00 a. m. - 9:00 a. m.
The race will take place on historic Civic War battlefield trails starting and ending at the Education Center Freedom Garden. The course is a mixture of uneven gravel and dirt trails.
Awards will be given to top three male and female finishers overall and in each category:
Youth -- 11 and under; 12-14; 15-17
Adults -- 18-29; 30-50; 50 and above
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
As we navigate through these difficult times, now, more than ever we want to create a race environment that is not only fun and winds through historic Civil War battlefield trails, but also keeps our participants, staff and volunteers safe and healthy. Our team has been working hard to revise our event plans to meet the current social distancing requirements so that we can get back to celebrating your active lifestyle in the safest way possible.
With your safety in mind, we have instituted event modifications and procedures that will allow us to safely operate our Breakthrough Trail 5K. These policies and procedures are based on current recommendations for COVID-19 safety protocols and are subject to change at any time.
What Pamplin Historical Park is doing:
· All staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask while on the event premise at all times
· Cleaning and sanitizing high-traffic areas including, but not limited to, registration, packet-pick up, restrooms, start and finish line, and refreshment distribution
· Reducing communal surfaces that encourage group or repeat usage
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event including at registration, packet pick-up, and near the start and finish areas
Breakthrough Trail 5K Changes:
· Unlike previous years, the Breakthrough Trail 5K will now start and finish at our Freedom Garden located at Pamplin Historical Park’s Education Center, 6523 Duncan Road, Petersburg, VA 23803
· Socially distant, staggered start times will be followed
· There will be two-way runner/walker traffic for a small section of the course. Staff will be present to direct you at this and other areas of the course
· All participants are required to bring their own personal water bottles or other hydration system to use during the race. Given the short distance of this race, water stations will not be available. Bottled water will be available at the end of the race at the start/finish area
· Medals will not be on display. Top finisher medals will be given out to winners immediately following final tabulation of results.
· To reduce group congregation, participants are asked to follow established social distancing guidelines as they await final results
· Post-race food and beverages will be pre-packaged for each participant. You can pick up your package after finishing the race. For your own safety and the safety of others, please do not share any items from your package with other participants
Social Distancing Procedures:
· Participants will be required to wear a mask when not racing. Masks are required in the start area and again in the finish area. All runners are encouraged to wear their masks through the start line and take it off once you are clear of the start area. Participants are encouraged but not required to wear a mask while racing on the course
· Race Packets, including T-shirts, and race timing bibs will be distributed in the Education Center building on race day at time of registration. Distance markers and/or staff will indicate where participants are to stand in line
· Once you have picked up your race packet and bib, participants should remain socially distant from other participants in the Freedom Garden until you are given instructions on when to move forward towards the start line
· Spectators are also required to wear a mask at all times
Per CDC guidelines, the following groups are considered to be at a higher risk for contracting COVID-19. If any of these apply to you, we ask that you take the increased risk into consideration before registering:
· CDC high risk age threshold (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/older-adults.html)
· Those who are immunocompromised or undergoing treatment for an ongoing disease such as cancer, HIV, liver, or heart disease (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html)
· Those with moderate to severe asthma
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.