In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Friends of Friends, we are thrilled to announce that the annual 5K for K-9s is BACK for 2021!
Please plan to join us at 8:45 am on November 6, 2021, in William Byrd Park for a family friendly, 5K run/walk fundraising event supporting your Richmond Police K-9 Unit! The event is named in memory of retired RPD K-9 Officer and beloved Friends of Richmond K-9 board member, Harry Pherson.
Runners, walkers, dog enthusiasts, strollers, and leashed dogs are all welcome to participate in this race. Proceeds raised from participant registrations directly support the health care, training, and well-being needs for both active and retired working dogs of the Richmond Police Department K-9 Unit.
By popular demand, our Richmond Police K-9 Officers and their hardworking Police K-9s will be standing by at the conclusion of the race to showcase their abilities through a live demonstration.
Race entry gift: Race participants will receive a t-shirt, finisher medal, and Friends of Richmond K-9 swag bag.
Awards: Top overall female and top overall male each win Sunday Brunch for two at The Jefferson Hotel. Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 female and top 3 male finishers.
Age group awards: Top 3 finishers in each age group will receive a special award. Age Groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
Race packet pick-up: November 5, 2021, at the Richmond Police Training Academy. All runners will receive an email with packet pickup instructions and other race details.
1. Dogs are allowed on the course under the following conditions:
- Dogs must be friendly, well behaved and under owner's control at all times.
- Must be up-to-date on shots.
- Must be on 6' or shorter fixed length leash.
- Owners must bring bags to clean up after dogs.
- We ask that runners with dogs start near the back of the pack for the safety of all runners and participating dogs.
2. Participants may have strollers on the race course. We ask that participants with strollers start near the end of the pack for the safety of children and other runners.
3. Children 5 and under may run or walk with an adult for free if they pace with an accompanying adult during the race. Race participants 6 and over must pay the registration fee and have a bib # to participate.
4. Race will be chip timed by Commonwealth Timing and Race Management: http://www.commonwealthtiming.net/
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.