Richmond, VA US 23219
Women Rise & Run “Marathon”
It is time to register for the Women Rise “marathon”! This is not your typical marathon, and you won’t need to spend hours running to prepare. This marathon takes place over the course of 30 days.
- Are you looking for some motivation to get moving this Summer?
- Maybe you would like to record your fastest marathon time ever?
- Have you always wanted to do a marathon but are not ready to complete all 26 miles in one day?
If you said yes to any of the above, this should be right up your alley!
The “marathon” will start July 1st and end July 31st – so you have 31 days, but you can only log one mile per day. Progress will be sent out anonymously each week showcasing progress.
Anybody can participate in this, from ANYWHERE!
- Each day you will receive an email reminding you to log your mile.
- You can only log 1 mile per day (although you can put in total miles per day)
- You cannot log future miles or make up past miles
- We encourage those who are able to complete their miles outside (not on the treadmill)
Proceeds from the “marathon” will go towards your race shirt and donations to United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg’s program, WomenRise:
The cost of childcare in the Richmond region is often more than $1,000 a month per child. This massive expense can make it nearly impossible for single parents to maintain financial stability while furthering their education in pursuit of a reliable living-wage job. United Way’s new program provides full monetary assistance to cover the cost of childcare while a single mother is going to school or a training program.
Single mothers do not often have the chance to slow down and must be consistent with their efforts for themselves and for their families. Choose to participate to show that you are in solidarity with single mothers and their journeys which can often feel like a “marathon.” Rise & Run (or walk, or roll, etc.), together, every day!
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.