In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.friendsoftheplatt.com.
Presented by the Friends of the Platt Memorial Library, The Orchard Run is kicking off Shoreham's Apple Fest making it a great day out for the whole family! Lunch will be available -- at a discounted rate for runners -- as well as a farmers' market, our annual Apple Pie Contest, kids activities and live music. Apple Fest starts immediately after the race and runs from noon to 4 PM.
There will be a 5k and 10k run/walk on the morning of Apple Fest starting in front of the Elementary School at 130 School Road.
All are welcome and after the run there will be all the fun of Apple Fest to stay and enjoy. Come savor the beauty of the apple orchard countryside of Shoreham, Vermont on this great loop course!
This will not be an officially timed race though there will be a large clock at the finish for you to time yourself. Prizes will be awarded. All proceeds go towards the Platt Memorial Library.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
NOW ENTERING IT'S 10TH YEAR!
Apple Fest has become a much anticipated annual event for the Platt Memorial Library, the Town of Shoreham and all of Addison County!
Located in the center of the village of Shoreham, the heart of apple country, Apple Fest invites you to come out and listen to music while experiencing some of the best that Addison County has to offer.
- Snake Mountain Bluegrass playing all afternoon in the gazebo.
- The Library will offer for sale a lunch of pulled pork sandwiches with slaw, mac’n cheese, baked beans, apple desserts and cider.
- Apple Pie Contest: Enter a pie in the “Best Apple Pie” contest. There will be 2 entry categories: youth (under the age of 16) and adults (16 and older). Individuals or teams are encouraged to enter.
- Market vendors will be selling fresh vegetables and apples, bottles of locally produced hard and ice cider, locally bottled spirits, cheeses, eggs, farm raised meat, honey, maple products, jams, jellies and handmade arts and crafts.
- There are local drinks to sample and a cider garden where you can to sit and enjoy some of Shoreham's best hard or sweet ciders while listening to bluegrass music.
- There are always children's activities as well.
All are welcome - come on out and join us!
We must receive your entry by 8/27/18 at midnight to guarantee a t-shirt. For entries received 8/22/18 and later, t-shirts will be available on a first come, first serve basis, nor are sizes guaranteed.
Register early and don't be disappointed!