You will be located at the entrance and exit of the bike staging area.
AT THE ENTRANCE
• As participants bring their bikes to the staging area you will first ask to see their bib
number. This will #1, make sure they have checked in properly at McCurdy park and
dropped of their kayak. You will then direct them through the entrance of the bike staging area and tell them where to put their bike. The rows and individual rack will be labeled with numbers.
• Instruct them to place their bike on the south side of the rack using their seat to hang it on the rack or a kickstand if they have one.
• Instruct them to leave anything they will want for the bike portion of the race(snacks, shoes, towel, etc)
• Remind them to leave their helmet.
• Instruct them to EXIT, for right now, back through the entrance they walked through (there will be a timing mat at the exit and we don’t want to accidentally mess up anyones timing reading)
AT THE EXIT
• You will be keeping non participants form entering the bike area. You will also be assist participants inside the area to place their bikes on the south side of the correct rack.
You will also be showing/instructions participants that during the race they will have to exit through your gate, walking their bike, they they can mount it and must then ride over the timing mat in the driveway to begin their time.
Your area lead is Rebecca Huska and she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org