Arrival Time: 9:30 AM
Park at Joy Center and meet with Steve Collins at Joy Center
• Prior to 5k, drive to Water Station 1 with cooler, cups, and trash bag.
• Begin filling cups and set out on table.
• If any cars attempt to enter the camp after 10:00 am, instruct them that the road is closed for the 5k. If they need to get to the lake for fishing, and there are no runners crossing at the moment, allow them to drive through, asking them to be careful for runners.
• As runners come by, hand out cups to any who want them.
• The last person participating in the race will be followed by another volunteer wearing an orange safety vest. After they pass through, pick up trash and place in trash bag.
• Pack up cooler, trash, and extra cups and drive into the camp road to Fun Run Guide Station 1 near the swimming pool.
NOTE: The Fun Run won’t start until about 11:00 am. If you wish to return to the Joy Center between runs, you’ll probably have time for that. Otherwise you can wait at Fun Run Guide Station 1 until the Fun Run starts.
• Set up your water station supplies on the table located at your Fun Run station.
• Fill the cups and have them ready for the kids as they come by.
• After last kids pass by, take your supplies to the Joy Center.