Seattle, WA US 98112
WE ARE BACK TO IN-PERSON PARTICIPATION FOR 2022, PLEASE JOIN US!
ALL RACES ENTRY FEES ARE $10 MORE ON RACE DAY, PLEASE REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO HELP US REDUCE DAY-OF RACE LINES AND PICK UP YOUR PACKET IN ADVANCE.
WE ARE ALSO OFFERING BEANIES AS THE GIVEAWAY THIS YEAR AND WE HAVE 1,500 AVAILABLE, FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED, SO PICK UP AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
PARKING ON RACE DAY IS VERY LIMITED IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. THERE ARE SEVERAL CLOSE PARKING LOTS IN THE ARBORETUM AND AT THE MONTLAKE COMMUNITY CENTER. ALL WILL BE OPEN AND ARE WITHIN A 15-20 MIN WALK TO THE START LINE. PLAN AHEAD AND ARRIVE EARLY.
IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE CARPOOL, UBER, USE PUBLIC TRANSIT, WALK, OR BIKE TO THE START LINE.
Join in the fun for the 7th Annual Montlake Community Club 5K Turkey Trot and Kids Run, with 100% of net proceeds benefiting the University District Food Bank. The 2022 Montlake Turkey Trot is an amazing community run event. Come out to run, jog, or walk at your own pace while maintaining the spirit of Montlake's annual tradition and maximizing support for the University District Food Bank. The race course takes you through the fantastic Washington Park Arboretum.
5K Run/Walk: The entry fee is $35 through November 11th. It increases to $40 on November 12th to the 19th. Registration between the 19th and the 23rd is $45 and is $55 on race day. All ages are welcome to participate in the 5k, but all 5k participants entry fees are the same.
Kids .5 and 1-mile run (ages 2-12): Parents can run with their kids without registering and kids can select which distance to participate in. Entry fee is $20 from now until November 11th. It increases to $25 on November 12th to the 19th. Registration between the 19th and the 23rd is $30 and $40 on race day.
Net proceeds from the race and all additional donations go to the University District Food Bank. www.udistrictfoodbank.org
Please note: There are no dogs allowed for safety and due to insurance stipulations. Even if a dog is normally great around other pets and kids, running in a crowded race environment with other kids and animals can often illicit unusual responses from animals. Please leave your furry friends at home for this event.
Strollers are welcome, but we do ask that you start in the back of the race corral so runners who are participating for a competitive time don't risk injury trying to get past the moving wheels. Please also note that the trails within the arboretum can be muddy and have damp plant debris on them, so if you plan to use a stroller, we recommend one that is easily used over various path surfaces, and make sure your stroller passenger is suited for the chilly, rainy weather that is common this time of year.
There will be two packet pickup options prior to the race. While we will have packet pickup on race day starting at 7:30AM, we STRONGLY encourage you to pick up your packet in advance to minimize race-day lines.
Glam and Tonics: Tuesday, November 22nd: 4:00 - 6:00pm
2302 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112
Fuel Coffee: Wednesday, November 23rd: 2:00 - 5:00 pm. FREE COFFEE for race participants.
2300 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112
Fuel Coffee: RACEDAY STARTING AT 7:30 AM. FREE COFFEE for race participants.
2300 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112
Race Day Schedule
- Check-in/Packet Pick Up: 7:30 am
- 5k Turkey Trot begins at 9:00 am
- Kids 1 mile walk/run starts at ~9:45 am
- Kids 0.5 mile walk/run starts at ~9:50 am
Chip Timing and Race Results
Race timing services will be provided for the 5k race and posted
Not a runner but still want to participate? Donate and Sign up to volunteer! We need many volunteers to make the race a success and appreciate the help. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and support a great cause! Or, for school aged kids to complete service hours. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
We would also like to take the opportunity to show some love to Jimmy Addison. A super awesome guy, kind heart and a passion for people who was very instrumental in growing the Montlake Turkey Trot and previously volunteered as the race timer. Here is a link to a GoFundMe that has been set up by friends to support Jimmy and his family during a very trying time.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
0.5 Mile Route
1 Mile Route
About University District Food Bank!
The goal of the Montlake Turkey Trot is to bring our community together on Thanksgiving morning and to raise funds for the University District Food Bank. The Food Bank serves our low-income neighbors when they are in need. To learn more about the good work that is done by the food bank please see the video below.
Financial Aid Available
The Montlake Community Club is committed to making sure that this event is accessible to all members of our community who want to participate. If you are unable to pay the registration fee but still want to participate, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Tuesday, Nov 22nd from 4-6pm at Glam and Tonics (2302 24th Ave E)
- Wednesday, Nov 23rd from 2-5pm at Fuel Coffee (2300 24th Ave E) - FREE COFFEE with pickup
- RACE DAY 7:30-8:45AM at Fuel Coffee and near start line- FREE COFFEE with pickup
- Thank you to Fuel for the coffee donation!
- NOTE- we have 1,500 beanies. While we should have enough for everyone, we will be handing them out on a first come first served basis so pickup early to guarantee your swag!
Friends and family are more than welcome to pick up packets for each other!
- Parking is very limited, please carpool, Uber, bike, or use public transit if possible. The start line is about 0.8 miles from the UW LINK light rail station
- Local parking lots will be open and are all within a 15-20 min walk from the start line. These include the lot by Washington Park/Japanese Garden, Arboretum lot on Lake Washington Blvd, Arboretum visitor center lot, and the Montlake Community Center.
- Please arrive early to account for time to walk to the start line.
- Your best bet for neighborhood parking will likely be on the West side of Montlake Blvd.
- If you are local, please walk to the race and reserve any parking for those coming from outside the neighborhood.
- We will do our best to start as close to ~9:45 as possible. But, we will need to make sure most of the 5K runners are cleared out before we start so be prepared to be patient and flexible.
- Parents are welcome to run with little ones and do not need to register, but are welcome to if they want a beanie.
- There will be some portable restrooms on site. Fuel will also be open for business and have restrooms for customers.
- We will have an option available for those that need to store stuff during the race.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.