In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
REGISTRATION & RACE INFORMATION
NEW IN 2019.....No Race Day Registration
*Last Chance Registration (An additional $5 per registration will be charged to those registering on June 29). Saturday, June 29th from 9am-2pm at the Y, 7101 53rd St \ 262.654.9622
Race Start Times: BOTH races will begin at 8:30am
Race Location: Kenosha Library Park 711 59th Place, Kenosha, WI 53140
Race Course: The race is USATF Certified. Running along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. See map below. There will be 4 water stations on the course for runner safety. Race is chip timed.
Packet Pick-up: Saturday, June 29th from 9am-3pm at the Kenosha YMCA, 7101 53rd Street, Kenosha 262.654.9622 -OR- Sunday, June 30th (Race Day), 7:00-8:00am in Library Park. T-shirts to the first 500 entrants, size not guaranteed.
Divisions/Awards: Trophy to the overall male & female winner. Medals to top 3 male/female in both races for 14 & under, 5 year age groups, and 80+. Overall winners not eligible for age group awards. Awards will not be mailed out; they will be available for pick-up at the Kenosha YMCA Member Service Desk until Sunday, July 15th. This race is timed and scored by J3 Timing.
Results: Individual results will be posted on www.kenoshaymca.org. Overall results will be printed in the Kenosha News.
Other Accommodations: Contact Kenosha Convention & Visitors Bureau, 800.654.7309 or www.visitkenosha.com.
Additional Information: Visit www.kenoshaymca.org or call 262.654.9622 ext. 235.
GENERAL RACE GUIDELINES:
1. All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
2. Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their shirts.
3. For your safety, headsets and ear buds are highly discouraged.
4. No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners; please no dogs.
5. No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
6. Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
7. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the park.
8. Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
9. RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community.
Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be canceled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows.
SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS INCLUDE: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain.
BEFORE THE EVENT: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted on the Kenosha YMCA website (kenoshaymca.org) and Facebook page.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?