ADJUSTMENTS DUE TO COVID-19
- If, like many of us, you’ve attended the Women’s Distance Festival before, you will notice that this year’s race is very different due to additional safety precautions resulting from COVID-19.
- Registration will not be available at packet pickup or on race day. Make sure your family, friends and colleagues who may be interested in participating (live or virtually) register online by Thursday, July 9 at noon.
- There will not be a water stop on the course. You are welcome to bring your own water to run/walk with if you will need water during the race.
- All participants are encouraged (not required) to wear a mask while in the park for the event. Participants must maintain 6-ft of social distance from each other and from race volunteers before and after the race and from fellow runners/walkers while on the course. You are not expected to wear a mask while running/walking.
- Participants are discouraged from bringing spectators to the event as this increases the overall group gathering size. If spectators come to watch you at the event, please encourage them to find a spot along the course while maintaining 6-ft. of distance from others.
- The race will have a rolling start with wave groups of 45 or fewer beginning at 8:00 a.m. and continuing in 15-minute intervals until all participants have crossed the start line. The last available wave begins at 9:45 a.m.
- Refreshments will be provided in the finisher area. There will not be a post-race party or awards ceremony this year as we cannot gather more than 50 people in any one area. IT IS ESSENTIAL that folks exit the finisher area and leave right after completing the race; please plan accordingly. (We will plan for an extra fun party in 2021 when hopefully COVID-19 is far behind us!)
- There will not be a kid’s fun run or a door prize drawing this year, but we expect both events to return in 2021.
CURBSIDE PACKET PICKUP
- Packet pickup will be held on Friday, July 10, 2020 at 4:00-6:30 p.m at Washington Park. We plan to set up packet pickup on the west side of the park in the parking lot near the bottom of the Carillon hill. Look for the SRRC signs & drive right up to pick up your packet; no need to exit your car. Feel free to arrive anytime during the pickup time, but please be patient if it is busy and you must wait a few minutes for your items.
- If you registered by the June 19 t-shirt deadline, we will have a shirt for you! If you registered after June 19 but were still able to choose a shirt during online registration, we should have a shirt for you! Please note you will receive the size you selected during registration. If you registered after our shirt supply was exhausted, unfortunately, you will not receive a shirt. We can only guarantee shirts for those registered by the June 19 deadline. Additional race swag (WDF sweat towels and sunglasses) will be distributed with race packets on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Please do your best to attend the Friday evening packet pickup. You are welcome to have someone else pick up your packet for you if can’t make it.
- Limited race day packet pickup will be available on race day morning in Washington Park at 7:00-7:45 a.m.
- The race will include a rolling start and will be held in several waves of 45 participants or fewer. Each wave will be separated by 15-minute intervals. The first wave will begin at 8:00 a.m. with subsequent waves beginning at approximately 8:15 a.m., 8:30 a.m., etc. Currently, we expect to have 7-8 waves with the final wave beginning around 9:45.
- Time to Pick Your Start Time! First Come First Served.
- 1. Click here: https://runsignup.com/Race/MyRegisteredRaces
- 2. Find the Women's Distance Festival and click "Manage Registration"
- 3. In the menu select WAVE
- 4. Select your wave (start time) from the options available, and click Save Changes.
- If you want to run with/near friends or family, be sure to choose the same wave group.
- Please arrive at the park 15 minutes prior to your wave start time.
- Wave selection does not apply to the virtual race.
- There will be bottled water, bananas and individual snack bags in the finisher area. Please grab your refreshments, proceed quickly out of the finisher area, gather your party and leave the park after finishing the race. We really hate to rush you out, but it is important that folks plan to leave right after completing the race to limit the size of our gathering. We will plan for an extra fun party with lots of post-race socializing next year when hopefully COVID-19 is far behind us!
RACE RESULTS & AWARDS
- Results will not be posted on site.
- Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
- Results will also stream live throughout the morning and be available at: http://www.ItsRaceTime.com/Results.aspx?ID=2341
- Award categories are Overall, Masters, 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+. Award winners will be announced on the Springfield Road Runners Club Facebook page after all participants have finished.
- Winners will be able to pick up their awards at the Springfield Running Center after 2:30 p.m. on race day.
VIRTUAL RACE PARTICIPANTS
Please be sure to attend the curbside packet pickup on Friday, July 10 to get your race packet or have someone else pick it up for you. Run or walk your two miles wherever you choose! You will receive a link to upload your finish time on Run Signup beginning on July 11; be sure to complete your miles and enter your finish time by 11:59 p.m.on July 20, 2020. Virtual participants will appear in the race results but are not eligible for age group awards.