In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
125th YMCA Turkey Trot
FUNDRAISING TIPS & TRICKS
Are you new to fundraising? Need some new ideas to help you reach and surpass your goal? You've come to the right spot! But if you still need some help or have some questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some easy steps to get your fundraising started and remember to aim high!
1. Personalize your fundraising page: You can do this by signing into your account with RunSignUp at https://runsignup.com/Login and then go to your Profile by clicking on icon in the upper right hand corner. From your Profile, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Click "Edit Fundraiser" next to the fundraiser to Manage.
Here you can do things like:
Add or update your photo
Create a slideshow for your page - Click here to learn how!
Tell your story of why you are participating
Set your goal
If you make changes, don't forget to click on "Save Fundraiser Changes".
2. Ask, ask and continue to ask: Starting from the time you register for the YMCA’s 125th Annual Turkey Trot until the fundraising deadline, ask your family, friends, co-workers and others in your network for support as you run or walk to build a stronger, healthier and more connected Western New York community.
To find your custom fundraising URL and see what your sharing options are, you will need to be signed into RunSignUp. While signed in, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Here you will find your personalized fundraising URL.
If you are currently editing your fundraiser, or viewing donations, then you can simply click on the “Links/Sharing” button on the left frame main menu, and this will allow you to view the Fundraiser Sharing Options page.
From this page, you can:
Share you custom URL on social media including Facebook and Twitter
Copy and paste your custom URL for your fundraising outreach emails
Consider asking family, friends, co-workers and others in your network to support you for a specific dollar amount such as $20, $50, $100. Every dollar makes a real and positive difference in the lives of children and families across Western New York!
3. Social media: Post on social media to get the word out and encourage family and friends - in Western New York, across the country, and around the world to join the YMCA’s Virtual 125th Annual Turkey Trot.
Use the event hashtag #TURKEYTROT125 in your posts
Tag YMCA Turkey Trot on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in your post
Make your post public - Click here for more details!
Leading up to the run/walk, here are some post ideas:
Share your personal story or reason why you are running/walking in the YMCA’s 125th Annual Turkey Trot
Share what the YMCA and the YMCA Turkey Trot mean to you
Share photos or videos of yourself training for the run/walk
Encourage others to participate in YMCA’s Virtual 125th Annual Turkey Trot by sharing the event website (ymcaturkeytrot.org)
4. Continue updating and thanking: Thank you notes are SO important! Make sure to thank people who are making donations in a timely manner (for example: don't wait until December when the event is over). Remember to also share updates on your progress with your supporters.
5. Company matching gift program: Most employers have a matching gift program and will match donations made by their employees. Each company has its own approach to charitable giving, so please be sure to confirm matching gift program guidelines directly with your employer.
Social Media: Making a Post Public
To reach as many people as possible, we suggest making your posts public. Follow the instructions below on how to make your posts public on different social media platforms.
·Creating a new post
• Write your post in the “What’s on your mind?” section
• Click on the dropdown menu directly below your name to select privacy
• You will see “Who can see your post?”
• Select “Public” from the options
· On Instagram you must make your profile public for your posts to be public. You cannot edit the privacy on individual posts.
• Navigate to your profile and click the three lines in the top right corner
• Select “Settings” and then “Privacy”
• Under “Connections” you should see “Account Privacy”
• Make sure the “Private Account” is toggled so that it is switched off
· On Twitter you must make your profile public for your tweets to be public. You cannot edit the visibility on individual tweets.
• In the top menu, click your profile icon, then select “Settings and Privacy”
• Select “Privacy and Safety”
• Under Tweets, make sure the “Protect your Tweets” is toggled so that it is switched off