Additional race information can be found at http://flagstaffultrarunning.org/spcrater.
Flagstaff, AZ US 86004
SP Crater Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K - Saturday, March 5th 2016
~~~ ONLY 200 SPOTS AVAILABLE, GET YOURS NOW ~~~
All dirt roads, beautiful setting:
- 5K is on dirt roads, pretty flat
- 10K is on dirt roads, gradual uphills and downhills
- Half Marathon is on dirt roads, except for steep and short uphill on the shoulder of SP Crater, steep short technical downhill, breathtaking views.
- Marathon is on dirt roads, gradual uphills and downhills. Keep in mind that the distances between aid stations can vary and be longer than most road marathons. Wearing a hydration pack and bringing your own fuel is greatly recommended.
Location: Babbitt Ranches (35.590644, -111.536528)
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Click to access the Information Packet
Getting to SP Crater/Babbitt Ranches:
Start – Safeway Grocery Store on 89 near the Flagstaff Mall
4910 N Us Highway 89, Flagstaff, AZ
Safeway (928) 526-6116
End – Babbitt Ranches – SP Crater
Route: 27.3 mi, 29 min
1. Depart US-89 N toward E Empire Ave
2. Bear right onto US-89 / N US-89
Pass Chevron in 4.8 mi
3. Bear right onto US-89 N
4. Road name changes to US-89
5. Turn left onto SP Mountain Rd (Mile Marker 446, before the Gas
Arrive at 35.590644, -111.536528 on the right
To check out directions and the map:
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Please note that the courses and distances may change, or the event could be cancelled depending on weather conditions. Our priority is to keep everyone safe.
Marathon: 1:15 PM @ 23 miles (13:41 min pace). Race ends at 2:00PM (6hr00min). This is a fairly flat marathon course but the average elevation is around 5,700ft. These times will be striclty enforced.
The 6 hour time limit means race officials will stop the race at a 13:45 min per mile pace.
Half Marathon: Race ends at 2:00PM (5hr00min).
5K & 10K: Race ends at 2:00PM
Participants still on the course at this time will be required to get back to the finish line. Participants who cross the finish line after 2PM)are not guaranteed to be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or finishing time.
Packet pickup happens on race day. Please plan to show up to the start at least 30 minutes before your race time to picup your bib.