In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
A Super Sprint requires every member of a relay team to complete all three legs (swim, bike, run) of a triathlon. The first team member starts the race, does all three legs and then hands off the timing chip to the next team member to complete the same course, who then hands off the timing chip to the final (third) team member to finish the triathlon. It is a "super sprint distance," meaning a much shorter course than a traditional sprint triathlon, but it does have its challenges. See The Course description below for further details.
This is when one person signs up to do the entire course - 3 TIMES in a row. Are you MEGA tough? Are you up for the MEGA challenge?
The race starts with the first team members sliding down the JW Marriott’s lazy river slide in a time trial fashion directly into a 3-5 minute swim AGAINST the current of the lazy river.
You will then head out on a challenging 3.50 mile bike ride. It's a fast start going downhill, but after the turn around, you have to climb back up to the transition area.
The run is a challenging 1 mile course around the Starr Pass golf course. It too has a hill -- or two. :)
A custom event shirt for every finisher (Last day to guaranty your size is August 9, 2020).
Snacks courtesy of JW Marriott at the finish line (granola bars, waters, fruit).
A great hotel rate! (Click for link to reserve your hotel room! by July 31, 2020)
Custom Overall Awards to 1st - 3rd Place Overall All Male, All Female, and Co-Ed Teams, as well as 1st through 3rd Place Male and Female in the MEGA Sprint Division
Event fully supported by police and volunteers
On Your Left Fitness is proud to partner with the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa to bring you this SUPER FUN and UNIQUE event.
1) There will be ONE Packet Pickup - Friday, August 28 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the patio just outside the pool at Starr Pass Resort. Due to the 6:30 a.m. start time, we will not have race-day packet pickup. EVERYONE must pick up their own packet with a valid I.D. This is a USAT sanctioned race, and USAT requires you to pick up your own packet. No one can pick up your packet for you.
Teams will get their timing chip ON RACE MORNING at the Finish Line. Don't forget!
2) There will be a racer's meeting Friday night, August 28, at 7:00 p.m. IN THE TRANSITION AREA.. You're welcome to grab yourself a cocktail from the bar (happy hour prices) before heading to the meeting. This is when we will explain the course in detail and answer any lingering questions you may have.
There are no aid stations on the bike course. There will be an aid station (water) as you exit the pool and head into T1. Then there will be an aid station (water) as you exit T2 and start your run. This is an un-manned aid station. It will be a water cooler that you can fill your own bottle up with.
If you have not reviewed the Course Maps, please do so now.
3) Please remember, if you are a 2-person relay team, participant 1 must also be participant 3. You MUST pass your timing chip to a new team member after each relay (there can be no advantage to skipping a chip exchange).
4) Starr Pass will provide fresh fruit, granola bars, trail mix and waters at the finish line. We sincerely hope you hang around the finish line and enjoy all the racing and camaraderie.
5) The awards ceremony (1st - 3rd Place OA Male Teams, Female Teams and Co-Ed Teams, and Male/Female MEGA Sprint) will be right after all teams have finished the course. The awards ceremony will be held on the fairway next to the finish line area. We anticipate the ceremony taking place about 10:00 a.m.
Please email us if you have questions.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?