What is the Dim Sum and Then Some Race?
- The Dim Sum 5K & 10K is held by 501(c)(3) nonprofit social services organization, Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA). CMAA’s mission is to serve the needs, promote the interests, and enhance the well-being of low-income immigrants and refugees of all generations and to foster their participation in U.S. society. CMAA’s goal is to make the biggest impact we can right now through our continued COVID-19 relief efforts, which will be supported by proceeds from the race.
More than just a run/walk, this race offers each participant a unique cultural experience by drawing from the wide range of ethnicities that CMAA serves in Uptown and Elgin, IL. Prior to the race, runners are treated to two rites of good luck: everyone partakes in a Laotian ceremony where string is tied around each other’s wrists, and then colorful lion head dancers will perform a traditional Chinese dance to kickoff the race. Once the race has begun, participants will pass some of Uptown’s historic businesses and continue to run along the beautiful Chicago lakefront. Lastly, each finisher will have the opportunity to participate in a post-race block party, where they’ll receive dim sum from Furama Restaurant and bubble tea from Joy Yee while enjoying more performances by the CMAA youth dance troupes.
What time does the race start?
- Registration & Packet Pick-Up begins at 6:30 AM
- Kids Dash start at 7:30 AM
- 10K Start at 8 AM
- 5K starts at 8:15 AM
How much does the race cost?
- $40 through May 31
- $45: June 1 - August 5
- $50: Race Day (August 6)
- $50 through May 31
- $55: June 1 - August 5
- $60 on Race Day
- Kids Dash
- $20 through August 5
- $25 on Race Day
What is included in the race swag?
- All participants will receive a race short sleeve shirt, race bib, finisher medal, Bubble Tea, and DIM SUM!
What are the shirt sizes?
- Shirt sizes range from x-small to 2XL
- Sizes are limited
- Shirts are unisex fit
PRE-RACE PACKET PICK-UP
When is Packet Pick-Up?
- Date: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Time: 12-7 PM
Where is Packet Pick-Up?
- Location: Road Runner Sports Chicago
- Address: 1435 N Kingsbury St, Chicago, IL 60642
RACE DAY QUESTIONS
What time should I arrive for the race?
- Please arrive ready to run before 8AM.
Will gear check be available?
- Limited Gear check will be available for this race but we highly suggest you to keep all personal items at home or in your vehicle.
Where can I park?
- There will be street parking around the locations.
Where is the start and finish line?
- Start and Finish Line will located on Argyle Street in front of the Self Help Home.
Will there be awards?
- For the top THREE (3) male & female finishers.
What is the course like?
- The course will be ran on the lakefront path. Check out the course tab for street-by-street directions and maps.
Are strollers allowed?
- Yes, strollers are allowed. We just ask that you start in the back of your pack.
Can I walk the 5K?
- Yes, walkers are always welcomed!
Are dogs/animals allowed?
- While we love your fur-babies, dogs and other lovely pets are not allowed on the course.
How is the starting line set-up?
- The 10K race will begin together at 8AM and the 5K will begin together at 8:10/15 AM.
Where are the aid/water stations located?
- There will be three water/aid station located on the course for the 10K and 1 for the 5K.
How far is the Kids Dash?
- The kids dash is about a 1/2 of a mile. It will start and finish at the same start and finish as the 5K and 10K.
What do the Kids receive?
- All kids will receive a t-shirt, Kid's Finisher Medal, Race Bib, Dim Sum, BubbleTea and more!