The Valparaiso Family YMCA serves over 16,000 people from all walks of life from infants to senior health-seekers. It is open to everyone in the community, giving each an opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Our YMCA Impact -- Thanks to You!
- Over 800 children receive quality child care.
- Swim lessons/water safety classes reach 2,600+ children age 6 months and up, per year.
- Over 120 clients from local Human Service Agencies; Opportunity Enterprizes, The Caring Place, and Porter Stake, were provided free memberships.
- Our "Can-Do-Kids" Program created a summer camp for special needs children ages 5-13.
- 100% of our pre-schoolers are kindergarten ready!
The need is great. Last year we provided more than $277,000 in financial assistance to the community. Over 120 clients from 14 human services agencies received memberships, 2,000 individuals received income-based scholarships, and an additional $64,000 was given to support low-income families in need of child care. The demand for financial assistance and program sponsorship increases every year.
In 2020, we mourned the loss of Bill Pauley, a long-time Ringing in Spring participant. In his memory and honor, we have a donation opportunity that will be matched by an anonymous donor, up to $500.