Register as a runner or a walker. Click on "Age-based pricing" to register children under 12 at a discounted rate.
THE RACE WILL BE AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION THIS YEAR, a USATF-CERTIFIED, FLAT, course in beautiful East Potomac Park/Hains Point. The race begins and finishes at Parking lot #23, near the southern intersection of Ohio Drive and Buckeye Drive SW, and has one turn-around point. To download the course map, select "More" from the menu at the top of the Home page, then click on "Course Map". YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE YOUR PERSONAL BEST TIME ON THIS COURSE!
Please arrive by 7:30 AM for an 8 AM race start, rain or shine! There will be warm-up exercises before the race. There will be one water station at the Start/Finish line and another along the race route.
THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF RACE TEAMS THIS YEAR!
A Competitive Race Team is a mixed team of men and women consisting of three to five persons. The times of the top three finishers will be calculated to determine the winning team. At least one scoring runner of each team must be of each sex (no all-men or all-woman teams).
A Social Race Team may have as many members as you want, so you encourage your friends to register for the race and walk together for fun.
Join or start a team during the registration process!
CHILDREN, STROLLERS & DOGS
Register CHILDREN AGED 12 AND UNDER AT A DISCOUNTED RATE BY CLICKING ON AGE-BASED PRICING during the registration process. There will also be a 1-mile Fun Run for kids. Strollers and dogs are welcome, but please stay toward the back of the pack while lining up. For safety reasons, dog leashes must be shorter than 3’ and no extendible/flexible leashes are permitted. You do not have to register your dog, but dogs that are registered will receive a race bib and will be eligible for "The Fastest Dog and Owner Pair" award. To register your dog, register yourself first, and then choose the add-on option to register your dog.
There will be an award ceremony following the race near the Start/Finish Line at Parking Lot #23.
THERE IS NO PARKING AT THE GOLF COURSE PARKING LOT. Please park in National Park Service Lot B or C, located near 971 Ohio Drive, SW, Washington, DC, 20024, between the Cuban Friendship Urn and the southern intersection of Ohio Drive SW and Buckeye Drive SW. Parking is free for race registrants until 10 AM. A parking permit will be e-mailed to you a few days prior to race day that will allow you access into the lot. Lot C is about a 10-minute walk to check-in and the race starting line. To download a parking map, select "More" from the menu at the top of the Home page, then click on "Parking".
RACE BIB & T-SHIRT PICK-UP & Bag Drop
• All participants will receive a registration e-mail before the race that will have a link to our virtual race-day booklet that will containing information and offers from our valued sponsors.
• Participants that registered for the 5K event and requested to be timed during the registration process will receive a race bib with an RFID disposable "bib-timing chip" attached. Participants in the 5K who specified they did not need to be timed and all Fun Run participants will receive a race bib without a timing chip attached.
• Please arrive at the race site by 7:00 am on May 13th to pick up your race bib before the race. Packet pick-up will end at 7:30 am.
• There will be a bag drop available.
• You may also pick up your race bib and T-shirt on Friday, May 11th from 5:30 - 6:30 pm in the Temple Sinai foyer at 3100 Military Rd NW, Washington, DC. If you've picked up your race bib on Friday, please arrive at the race site by 7:30 am on Sunday, May 13th for the 8 am race start.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE, RAIN OR SHINE (All times are approximate)
• 7:00-7:30 am Race Bib and T-shirt pick-up and bag drop near Parking Lot #23, THERE IS NO REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY.
• 7:45 am Warm up exercises led by Aaron Gamble
• 8:00 am 5K Walk/Run begins (Participants with strollers or dogs, please stay toward the back)
• 8:45 am Warm up exercises for Fun Run led by Aaron Gamble
• 9:00 am Fun Run begins
• 9:30 am Award ceremony, one-way portion of Ohio Drive reopens
• 10:00 am Free parking ends at National Park Service Lots B & C. If you'd like to stay longer at East Potomac Park/Hains Point, there is free parking in lots along the one-way portion of Ohio Drive and the Hains Point picnic area center lot.
Start Time: 8:00am EDT
End Time: 10:00am EDT
Online Registration is Closed
Online Registration has Ended.