|De Soto Grand Parade 5k||
|Price increases March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT|
Bradenton, FL US 34205
175,000+ cheering spectators along beautiful, tree-lined, Manatee Avenue make this a unique 5k experience.
Runners will race an out-and-back course along the route of the Hernando de Soto Historical Society Heritage Festival Grand Parade on Manatee Avenue. This is the most spectacular parade in the southeastern United States, attracting more than 175,000 spectators along Bradenton’s main drag.
- Runners & Walkers welcome
- Chip timed
- Two water stops
- Prerace warm-up provided by Anytime Fitness
- port-o-lets & prerace water available in race area prior to start
- Age Group Awards (available for pick-up as results post): Overall, Masters 40+, Grand Masters 50+, Senior Grand Masters 60+, Veteran Grand Masters 70+; 3 deep in age groups 9 & Under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19 & 5 year age groups 20-24 to 80+
- Shirts and sizes guaranteed to runners preregistering on/before April 18th (those after or on day of race receive shirts & sizes as available) Registration will be open during packet pick up and race day. However, shirts are only guaranteed to those who register prior to the deadline.
Men's Tech Crew neck t-shirt
Ladies Tech V-neck t-shirt
- Great post-race food & DJ.
- Volunteer Note: We are currently seeking volunteers. Please visit our Volunteer link for a more detailed description of where we need help and when. Without you, there can be no race! (Students in need of volunteer hours for scholarships are eligible and will receive a signed letter from the club verifying hours.)
The De Soto Grand Parade 5k benefits the Bradenton Runners Club student athletic program which awards scholarships to high school seniors and financial aid to students wishing to attend summer running camps. Please visit our website www.bradentonrunnersclub.com for more information.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Enjoy a beer for a bib, compliments of Darwin Brewing Company!
Following the race, please join us for an additional post-race celebration at Darwin Brewing company for a refreshing craft brew. Darwin Brewing Company is hosting a race afterparty following the De Soto Grand Parade 5K! Darwin will give all race runners a "Beer for a Bib," just bring your race bib to the brewery on Saturday 4/30 after the race. (This offer is only applicable on race day.)
Manatee Ave. closes off for the parade at 5:30 p.m. so BRC suggests runners be prepared to arrive by 5:00 p.m. Some parking will available at the Manatee County School Support Center but entrance to the center’s parking lot will only be through 3rd St. W. There will also be parking lots located east of of the School Support Center, but access will be limited through routes alternate to Manatee Ave. such as 6th Ave. E or 9th Ave. E.