In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://wgwltrail.com/derailedadventure/.
This is an adventure style race with multiple disciplines including running, biking, a water event and mystery challenges.
The course includes running on hard surfaces and a mowed grass trail. Biking will be mostly on a paved recreational trail with an additional two miles of gravel. The water event is not swimming, but you and your shoes will get wet. Mystery events may be physical or mental.
This is a mostly self-supported event, especially related to hydration and personal needs.
First, second and third place awards for men and women. This is a timed event. Participants must arrive for the water event at Lake Hendricks before 11:00 in order to continue the race. You have two hours and 40 minutes to officially finish and receive a finishers medal. Those finishing in over two hours and 40 minutes will be given congratulations for the efforts. All participants will receive a free lunch from 11:15-12:15.
Are you up for the adventure or will you be derailed?
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
1) Athletes must drop bikes at Lylah’s Marsh prior to 7:30 a.m. Volunteers will be at this location beginning at 6:30 a.m. to provide security. GPS Coordinates of Lylah's Marsh are 43.2863475059266, -92.4678683280945. Lylah's Marsh is located north of Elma, IA, west of V18 (Garden Ave) on 170th and Lylah's Road.
2) Athletes must check in at the WGWL Welcome Center (110 East Main Street/Hwy 9 in Riceville) before 8 a.m to receive bib number. Pre-race meeting at 8:10 a.m. Bus will leave at 8:30 to carry participants to race start.
3) Entrants must sign a waiver (a part of online registration).
4) Minimum age of entrants is 18.
5) A CPSC/ANSI-approved bicycle helmet shall be worn during all biking activities.
6) A Coast Guard-approved life jacket (PFD) will be provided by race officials and must be worn during the water event.
7) Participants will follow all DeRailed rules and instructions from DeRailed race officials and law enforcement. Those in variance to any rule will be subject to disqualification.
8) DeRailed officials have the right to delay or cancel the race due to weather conditions that pose a threat to participants and/or volunteers.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.