Join us for the Inaugural Idaho® Potato Drop 5k Ruck/Walk in beautiful downtown Boise! This one of a kind course will take you on an amazing ruck/walk around the State Capital and down some of the iconic streets of the city. There’s no better way to start your day and earn your right to party into the New Year! All are welcome to participate. Whether it’s your 50th event of the year or you’ve been a couch “potato” (get it? We crack ourselves up sometimes) and decided it was time to get active, It Doesn’t Matter How You Get There!
Ruck/Walk Day Information:
WHERE: Idaho State Capitol Building, 601 W Jefferson St., Boise, ID US 83702
WHEN: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 @ 6pm
All finishers will receive a finisher medal and Idaho® Potato Drop 5k Ruck/Walk commemorative item celebrating your accomplishment. *This event will NOT provide podium or age group awards*
After you cross the finish line there is no need to go anywhere. Hang out and enjoy Idaho’s signature holiday event that can only be truly experienced LIVE at the Idaho State Capitol! The Idaho® Potato Drop is a free and charitable world-class New Year’s Eve destination that supports local arts, business and charities.
- What is a Ruck or Rucking?
- Rucking is walking with a loaded/weighted backpack - also known as a "rucksack". It's great exercise - and is low impact and easy to start.
- Rucking is cardio, simple and scalable.
- Rucking requires and creates strength, endurance and character.
- Rucking implies action, energy and purpose.
Is there a charity involved?
- The Idaho® Potato Drop 5K will be benefiting the Idaho Food Bank and Camp River Run.
- We are asking all participants to fill their rucksacks for the 5K Ruck with non-perishable food items to raise 2019 pounds of goods to the Idaho Food Bank. Participants can choose their own weight to carry. Goods will be collected before, after and during the Ruck to ensure all participants are able to scale their event according to their wants and needs.
- A portion of each registration from both the Ruck and the virtual event will be donated to Camp River Run.
- About Idaho Foodbank
- The Idaho Foodbank is an independent, donor-supported, nonprofit organization founded in 1984, and is the largest distributor of free food assistance in Idaho. From warehouses in Boise, Lewiston and Pocatello, the Foodbank has distributed more than 135 million pounds of food to Idaho families through a network of more than 230 community-based partners. These include rescue missions, church pantries, emergency shelters and community kitchens. The Foodbank also operates direct-service programs that promote healthy families and communities through good nutrition. More information can be found at https://idahofoodbank.org/
- About Camp River Run
- Camp River Run provides a 4-day summer camp in McCall, Idaho designed for kids between ages 7-17 who are coping with medical conditions or life threatening illnesses. Inspired by nature and flowing with optimism, we offer children who are battling life-threatening or disabling medical conditions an outdoor camp experience to rejuvenate their youth and strengthen their spirits. More information can be found at https://campriverrun.org/