In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Nearly 25 MILLION Americans and 25% of the world's population suffer with chronic pelvic pain. Most suffer in silence, with little access to healthcare. The IPPS MOVE AGAINST PELVIC PAIN CHALLENGE is our way of showing they are not alone during May is Pelvic Pain Awareness Month. Throughout the month of May we make an extra effort to spread the word about pelvic pain as part of PELVIC PAIN AWARNESS MONTH!
Research shows that movement and activity is one of the best ways to combat pain. In this challenge, you can chose any combination of events, virtual 10k run/walk, virtual 5k run/walk, virtual 10/20k bike ride, Zoom Pilates, Latin Dance Fitness or Yoga! So sign up, lace up your shoes, grab a friend, family member or pet and MOVE WITH US AGAINST PELVIC PAIN!
By signing up for this race YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE, keep your body active and help others who live in pain. All funds this year will be go to the International Pelvic Pain Society Research Initiatives (Fred Howard Early Investigator Grant & IPPS Research Development Grant).
Participants in the 5K and 10K events will receive IPPS themed prizes as part of your registration for the event:
1. IPPS Engraved Carabiner with tag: Put your keys on this or attach to your bag. IPPS Blue Tag reads "Pelvic Pain education makes a difference!"
2. IPPS Tear-Away Pad: 25 non adhesive sheets of paper that you can use for notes, grocery lists, brainstorming, doodles, and more!
3. Engraved IPPS Lapel Pin
Purchase a ticket pack of 5 or 10 tickets to giveaway to others at a discount price $15/ticket (normal $25) for the Pilates , Latin Fitness or Yoga Events. When you sign up for any of the events (including walking, running or biking events) you will find this option in the ADD-ON section.
You can also go to pelvicpain.org and make a donation of $75 (for 5 pack) or $150 (for 10 pack) and when you get to the "Name(s) I would like to be recognized as for this gift" write in TICKET PACK
We will send you an email with a registration code specific for your tickets that you can give out
This virtual challenge gives you 100% flexibility to achieve your goals. In a few simple steps you can do something good for your body, have fun and support a great cause. Chose one or any combination of events and then:
1.Sign up for your challenge and download the runsignup app.
2. Invite a friend or family member to join you by sending them a referral. Since this is a virtual event you can invite anyone regardless of their location.
3. Print your digital bib. To find it, log into your runsignup account and click on 'digital bib' under your 'profile".
4. Complete the challenge, MAKE SURE TO HAVE FUN AND TAKE PICTURES
5. When you are done, upload your finish time and photos at this website or on the Runsignup app. To upload click 'submit virtual results' under your account 'profile'. NOTE: you can submit Yoga, Pilates photos as well.
6. Print your digital certificate (which will become active after you submit your completion times), show off your certificate and share your experience with your friends on social media.
Don’t forget to complete the race survey so we can improve this event for next year.
Additional VIRTUAL RACE information can be found at http://www.pelvicpain.org.
Chronic Pelvic Pain negatively affects nearly 25 million Americans and 25% of the world's population. Chronic pelvic pain can be caused by a variety of conditions such as Endometriosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Interstitial Cystitis (IC) or Bladder Pain Syndrome (BPS), Myofascial Pelvic Pain Syndrome (MFPPS) and much more. Yet, less than 5% of people living with these conditions have access to a healthcare provider who specializes in pain.
Since 1996 the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) has been advocating for professional and public education about chronic pelvic pain conditions. Our mission is to create and disseminate educational resources to improve the care and health of persons living with chronic pelvic pain. We also advocate for better research and support research grants and scholarships. So join us in our mission to advance access to quality care, provide support, and help persons living with chronic pain achieve a better quality of life.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your virtual race experience.