In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Palm Bluff Trail Race and Ultra Marathon is back this year for an in-person race on May 2nd, 2021. This will be the 9th year of the event and we are excited to have permission to host the event at Palm Bluff once again. This is a trail race along the beautiful single and double track trails of the conservation area and includes options for a 50K ultra marathon, a Half Marathon, a 12K competitive wave and a 12K fun trail race. All participants will receive a race t-shirt, custom finishers medal and commemorative glass filled with our own Margaritas (for 21 and over).
Packet Pickup will be held on Saturday, May 1st, at the Palm Bluff Conservation Area from 3-6PM.
Race Day registration and packet pickup will begin at 6AM and continue until 15 minutes before the start of the last 12K wave
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
50K Runners may place drop bags at the first aid station. You will pass this spot every 6 - 8 miles depending on what loop you are doing. Drop bags will be collected at the start line 30 minutes before the start of the 50K race and returned to the finish line as early as possible after you finish your event. You must let the aid station know you are finishing and need your drop bag returned. Please mark your drop bag clearly and make sure it is protected against the weather as they will not be covered.
If you are interested in camping out at the park the night before or the night after please email me directly for more information, Don. We have reserved the group campground at the start/finish line for Saturday and Sunday nights. We are limited to 24 people at the campsite and space is on a first come, first serve basis. But be warned, it you are staying with us we might put you to work before or after the race.
The Holiday Inn Express, 1330 Saxon Blvd Orange City, Florida 32763. Is our recommended hotel for this event. They are offering our participants a 25% discount on rooms. The hotel is about 10 miles away from the Palm Bluff conservation area.
Runner’s High Timing and Race Management will be implementing new procedures and protocols for upcoming events in response to COVID-19 requirements. These will be updated on a regular basis prior to each event to adjust to the guidelines from the CDC and federal, state and local requirements. The purpose of implementing these new procedures and protocols is to provide safe events that include proper sanitation, safe physical / social distancing and help our participants, community and staff maintain good health and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We appreciate your support and adherence to these new procedures and protocols as we all adapt to changing environment.
The information below is subject to change and update.
Current procedures date 4/30/2021
- Participants are asked to wear a mask pre and post event. Wearing their mask until race start, while running in a mask is not required. Participants should carry the mask with them and put it on post-race.
- Social distancing should always be maintained during the event. All individuals should stay at least 6 feet away from other participants.
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks during the event.
- Spectators must wear a mask and maintain social distancing while at the event.
- Portable restroom lines will be managed to minimize gathering in proximity. Door handles will be sanitized regularly.
- Hand wash and sanitizing stations will be easily accessible and spread throughout the event area.
- The staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the event that is not adhering to these COVID policies.
- Medical staff will be available on site for any health questions or issues.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be quarantined by medical staff and asked to leave the event.
HYDRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
- Participants must bring your own water bottle or hydration device. This is a cupless race.
- Gallon bottles will be available to refill participant hydration devices.
- Post-race refreshments will be handed out by staff or volunteers wearing masks and gloves.
- All staff, volunteers, sponsors and vendors will wear masks, and anyone handling food or drinks will wear gloves.
-Advance communication and extensive signage will be used to support safe and proper physical and social distancing.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING / EVENT CAPACITIES
- Physical distancing will be maximized in runner-only areas, including but not limited to packet pick-up, portable restroom lines, race start, aid stations, finish and post-race food and activity. 6 foot social distancing standards will be followed.
- Runner’s High will implement multiple wave starts and a rolling start line with chip timing – leaving the start line open for 10 minutes allowing physical distancing along running courses. Waves will start every 30 minutes to an hour.
- Participants are asked to line up socially distanced
- At the designated start time the lined-up participants will have a 10 minute window to cross the start line and begin their run.
- The next wave of participants will be allowed to start lining up once all the previous participants have started, approximately 5 minutes before their start time.
- Participants are asked to put their masks back on once they cross the finish line and leave the finish line chute.
-Participants will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities to prepare for a safe event and given the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Participants must review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to participating in the event.
-Volunteers will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities and will be required to review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to supporting the event.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.