Get in the holiday running spirit this season with 4RUN3! This program was so much fun last year that we decided to do it again! Yes, this year will be a different, but it will still be fun! We'll make the most of the virtual races by doing them together (optional) and making our own events!
Choose from 3 options:
1. Session I: Fall 5K/10K Program Only: 9 Weeks for $60
- Begins on Thursday, 10/29/20
- Holiday events/races: 4RUN3 Halloween Costume Fun Run, Stuffing the Pantry 5k, 4RUN3 Hot Cocoa Hustle 5k, and Gordy's First Race 5k/10k (race registrations not included in program fee)
- 18 group workouts (including race days)
2. Session II: Holyoke 10K Program Only: 11 Weeks for $75
- Begins on Thursday, 1/7/21
- Concludes at Holyoke St. Patrick's Day 10K (potentially virtual - status TBD)
- 22 group workouts (including race day)
3. Entire Holiday Series: 20 Weeks for $120
- Get both sessions at a discounted price (40 group workouts total)
- All Session I group workouts will begin and end at the store (78 Center Square in East Longmeadow)
- Session II group workouts: Thursdays from store, Sundays from Cyr Arena in Forest Park
Series Races/Events: For virtual races, we will offer a group session with pre-planned local route (PLEASE NOTE: registration fees are not included in our program fee, but races with a * will provide us with a coupon code/discount)
- Thursday, 10/29/20: Halloween Costume Fun Run (Private run with the group - no fee)
- Thursday, 11/26/20: Stuffing the Pantry 5k* (East Longmeadow) - VIRTUAL
- Saturday, 12/6/20: 4RUN3 Hot Cocoa Hustle 5k (Private run with the group - no fee)
- Friday, 1/1/21: Gordy’s First Race 5k or 10k* (Westfield) - STATUS NOT YET DETERMINED
- Saturday, 3/20/21: Holyoke St. Patrick’s Day 10k* (Holyoke) - STATUS NOT YET DETERMINED
- All levels of runners, run/walkers, and walkers welcome!
- Headlamps AND blinking/reflective things are REQUIRED in this program. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Group sessions on Thursdays @ 6:00 P.M and Sundays @ 9:00 A.M. (no sessions on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve)
- Participants should be able to comfortably run, run/walk, or walk 2 miles.
- Session I program routes will be between 2 miles and 6.2 miles in length (depending on which track - 5k or 10k - that you choose).
- Session II (Holyoke) program routes will be between 3 miles and 6.5 miles in length.
- Route maps with turn-by-turn directions provided.
- Additional navigation support available using RunGo app
- All members will receive a program packet with suggested training schedule(s), strength training routines, stretching suggestions, and more (program packet will be sent electronically before program starts - hard copy available upon request).
- 4 runs per week recommended (2 with group) plus 1-2 days of strength training (routines provided).
- Coaching lessons/talks will be provided virtually through the private program Facebook group.
- All workouts begin with dynamic stretching and light balance work to warm up and help avoid injury.
- Recommended post-run stretching routine provided.
Registration Fee Includes:
- two group meetings per week
- Session I: customized program technical shirt
- Session II: customized program winter beanie
- post-run hydration (and sometimes treats!)
- detailed route maps
- suggested strength training routine
- punchcard coupon loaded with in-store savings possibilities
- team support and encouragement
- group support on race days
- group runs provided for virtual races
- race discounts (excluding Hot Chocolate Run)
- weekly training eNewsletter
- and more!