In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.trailheads.org/lrtr/.
Welcome to the 17th annual Little River Trail Runs! We are thrilled to offer both in-person races (10 mile and 7k) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 and a hybrid event (the course will be marked from 12pm on January 8 through 5pm on January 17), so runners can choose what sort of race they’d like to run!
We will be take precautions to mitigate risk of COVID transmission to our runners and volunteers. Please note that these precautions are not optional; they are required both by the County of Durham and by the TrailHeads.
There are a lot more details, so please read on below.
Date: Saturday, January 8, 2022
Distance: 10 mile (9:00am) and 7k (9:30am)
Cost: $45 (we donate all proceeds greater than event costs to Little River Regional Park and to trail-building at the Park)
Bib number and shirt pickup: Friday, January 7, 2022 at Bull City Running (SoDu location, 202 W. NC 54, Durham), times TBA (See below: if you register for the hybrid event, you will need to pick up your shirt during this window; we will not mail race shirts).
COVID safety requirements (apply to all runners and volunteers):
· Runners will need to upload proof of COVID vaccination or a documentation of a negative PCR test within 3 days of the race start time in order to pick up their race packet.
· Masks must be worn to packet pickup. If you don’t wear a mask, you don’t get your packet. Please respect desire to keep volunteers and other runners safe!
· The field of runners for the in-person race on January 8 is limited to 400 runners. When we reach that number, we will no longer accept registrations. No exceptions.
· In order to space runners out at the beginning of the race, we will use a wave start and chip timing. Your start wave will not affect your net time, nor the overall or age group results.
· Please wear a mask to the park on race morning; when using the porta-a-johns or the park bathroom; and lining up for the race start. We ask that you continue to wear your mask until you’ve entered the trails and are spaced out from other runners
Date: Anytime between 12pm on Saturday, January 8, 2022 and 5pm Monday, January 17, 2022 (park hours are 8am to 5pm during the winter)
Distance: 10 mile and 7k courses will be marked
Cost: $45 (all proceeds after race costs go to Little River Regional Park and to trail building at the park)
Shirt pickup: Friday, January 7, 2022 at Bull City Running (SoDu location, 202 W. NC 54, Durham). Exact hours TBA.
COVID safety requirements:
· Please wear a mask to packet pickup.
· Please wear a mask during your run if you find yourself less than 6 feet from others on the trail
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.