Additional race information can be found at http://www.berkeleyheights5k.com.
Our 26th BH5K Charity Road Race & Fitness Walk will be held on Sunday, September 17th, 2023, 9:30 am at Veterans Memorial Field in Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922. We have another exciting morning of friendly competition and family fun planned as well as a sea of community support. This year will be our 26th Anniversary Race Celebration. I invite you to register early (convenient online registration is now open), which guarantees a custom ring-spun cotton race tee and reusable sling backpack "goodie" bag. Join us!
Our special day will include the following:
* A 5-Kilometer road-race sanctioned and certified by the USA Track and Field Association.
* A 1.5 Mile fitness walk for non-runners and families.
* Music, DJ, and refreshments for both spectators and runners at Veterans Memorial Field
* Custom-designed race tee shirts for all pre-registered racers and walkers, along with race “goodie” backpack bags.
* Complimentary pre and post sports massages
* Race officially timed with Chronotrack B-tags by Compuscore (Results posted on Race day at Veterans Memorial Field and on the web at www.berkeleyheights5k.com)
* Awards for top male and female finishers overall and in various age groups
* Free Fun Runs and Tot Trots for children Ages 2-11, with all participants receiving finishing ribbons.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
From our 2022 BH5K, the Smith Chiropractic Foundation, with the help of several generous donors, provided $15,000 in 2022 charitable grants to the following:
1. Governor Livingston HS (GLHS) Alumni Association - providing resources for high school extracurricular activities.
2. Girls on the Run NJ East - helping young local girls to become stronger, more confident seekers of limitless potential.
3. Friends of the BH Youth Baseball HR Derby - helping to improve local fields of play.
4. Tom Barton Scholarship Fund - Scholarships at GLHS in memory of our dear Rec Director & Friend
5. BHB&C Downtown Summer “Block Party” grant - bringing the community together where everyone is invited and welcome to enjoy their hometown.
6. Veterans Memorial Park Renewal grant - seasonal maintenance and beautiful holiday lights
7. VFW Post 6259 Berkeley Heights - provides resources for local vets, aids those at Lyons VA Hospital & helped repave the Post failing parking lot and replace the Post failing lower-level floors.
8. Smith Chiropractic Foundation Community Leadership Scholarship – awarded to a GLHS graduating senior.
9. BHPD community policing grant – helping to increase positive communication between our PD and residents.
10. Keith Scalley ALS Special Needs Fund grant - thanks to all who gave from their hearts, as it did make a difference.
11. BHFD Volunteer Fire company #1 - new equipment grant.
12. BH Rescue Squad - general operating grant and special 80th anniversary grant
13. MAX Grey foundation grant – in support of Youth Mental Health programs
14. BH Winter Walk grant
15. Littel-Lord Farmstand Trust grant – in support of Fall Family Fun Day providing funds to preserve this national treasure for all to enjoy and learn from
16. The Wounded Warrior Project - grassroots organization providing aid to injured servicemen and women since 9/11/01.
17. BH Library Foundation Grant - in support of the beautiful new community library at Town Hall
18. Ukrainian Orphaned Refugees grant – via the NJ based nonprofit Lesniak Institute for American Leadership
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.