RICHLAND RUNFEST 2023 is presented by 3 Rivers Road Runners (3RRR)
- Half Marathon, 10K and 5K (both in person and virtual options)
- There will be a medal for each race (and they will fit together to make one big medal if you do all 3-BUT this will look normal and stand alone if you only do one race)
- You can register for one in person option and then the other distances virtually or all 3 races virtually to obtain all three medals that will fit together to make one big cool medal.
- Did I mention--Do all 3 races and you get 3 medals that go together to get one big medal--you have 2 weeks to complete the virtual options PRIOR to the in person race date.
- In Person Race (COVID precautions that are required at that time will be in place): Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Virtual Race Window: Friday February 10, 2022 to Friday February 25, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Half Marathon will start at 8:30am
- 10K will start at 8:45am
- 5K will start at 9:00
- ALL race courses close at 12:30 PM.
- Richland, WA
- Start and Finish will be at Columbia Point Marina Park
- Use the address of 660 Columbia Point Drive, Richland WA 99354 for GPS directions.
- Please like us on Facebook for updates and inspiration: www.facebook.com/richlandrunfest.
- This year we have a running group and training plan for both the half marathon and then 10K. See Facebook for details or see below in the running group and training plan section.
11/14/2022 to 12/31/2022
1/1/2023 to 1/31/2023
2/1/2023 to 2/22/2023**
- Online registration ends on Wednesday, February 8, at 8 PM, FOR THE IN PERSON RACES on Wednesday, February 22 at 8PM, FOR VIRTUAL RACES on Wednesday, February 8, at 8 PM
- The entry fees include a finisher medal, light weight hoodie pullover shirt (for the half marathon only, 10K and 5K can purchase for additional cost), finish line treats (for the in person races), a surprise gift, racejoy app use and great company with our awesome volunteers and fellow runners (for the in person races).
The 10K and 5K can purchase the shirt option separately for $30 extra (until the shirt cutoff date of 1/31/2023).
- **The cut off for shirts will be 1/31/2023. Shirts are only available for purchase by 10K and 5K runners and guaranteed for half marathon runners registered by 1/31/2023. Shirts will be available after the race on race day on a first come, first serve basis if you register after 1/31/2023. We appreciate your understanding with this deadline that allows us to finalize event details. Shirts will be a light weight hoodie pullover.**
- All runners (virtual and in person) will need to pick up their race packets at packet pickup, those virtual runners wanting their packets mailed will need to choose the additional mailing option at check out! If you don't pick the mailing option you will not get your packet mailed to you. All virtual packets being mailed well be done at the latest 1-2 weeks AFTER the close of the virtual window (2/25/2023).
- There will be a $25 discount if you (same person) register for all 3 races (example: the in person half marathon and the 10K and 5K virtual).
- For every participant that signs up (in person race or virtual) we will be donating $2.50 to a local charity, Grace Kitchen; and $2.50 to our returning charity, Atlas Free (formerly Rescue Freedom). For more information please check out the Grace Kitchen Website and the Atlas Free website.
- If you are a current 3RRR club member, your entry fee is $3 less for the half and $2 less for the 10K and 5K. Please select that option for the discount when registering.
SIGN UP EARLY TO SAVE!!
- The in person races will have a maximum of 250 runners in the half marathon, 200 in the 10k, and 200 in the 5k.
- There may be packet pick up registration the day before the race ONLY if there is space remaining, please sign up early.
- You may change between race distances on-line under your race account for a $10 transfer fee up until 2/22/203.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR DEFERRALS. We appreciate your understanding with our policies as a non-profit, volunteer led race, we have to balance our policies with what we can reliably provide for our runners.
- Everyone who signs up (in person or virtual) will have access to the RaceJoy app. More details closer to race day
- RaceJoy app will allow you to have turn by turn instructions on the course in real time and allow your family and friends to follow you virtually while you are on the course and even record messages for you to get at different mile markers!
- Packet Pickup will be on Friday February 24, 2022 from 4-6 pm. More details as we get closer.
- Packet Pickup will be on race morning from 7:30-8:15am ONLY for those coming from out of town (or by arrangement), locals please pick up your pack on Friday. Packet pick up will end at 8:15am race morning so don't be late.
- For the virtual races, you MUST pick up your goodies at Packet Pickup as above or on Race Day. If you are only doing virtual and want your goodies mailed to you then pick the shipping option and your packet will be sent to you 1-2 weeks after the conclusion of the virtual race window
THE IN PERSON RACE SET UP
- Timing will be by chip. There will be mats for timing at the start and finish. Awards will be based on GUN time (not chip time-chip time is your official time).
- Every Finisher will receive a finisher medal--they will be different than last year and all 3 race medals will fit together in a unique way, so you can do all three distances and it will be cool!
- There will be two aid station on the course --one around mile 3 and one after mile 6 and 10 (same one you pass twice).
- The course will be about the same as last year so checkout the course maps below-it is not a flat course. (Took some feedback and made only minor modifications!)
RACE DAY PHOTOS
- Chris Ruby is donating his services to capture your race day in photos!
- They will be available after the race at no charge to participants
- Thank you Chris!
- LINK TO THE PHOTO GALLERY from LAST year--Click HERE
RUNNING GROUP AND TRAINING PLAN
- Larry and Julie are once again leading the running group and training plan for those that are interested.
- The training plan is geared toward first time half marathon runners and 10K runners, but all levels are welcome at the Saturday morning runs.
- The running group will be meeting on Saturday mornings at 6:45am (running by 7am) at the Black Rock Coffee (formerly Roasters) on George Washington Way in Richland. We ask that you park down in Howard Amon parking to not overwhelm Roasters parking lot. All levels are welcome, we will be running the distance that is listed on the training plans but often others are running more or less. Experienced runners are encouraged to attend to help mentor those who are new to our beloved sport..
- The Saturday runs will be posted on the Facebook page.
- The training plan is posted here on this website and on the Facebook page as well. The Weekly column is just the total milage you will run if you do the 4 scheduled runs during the week.
- Remember that everyone is responsible for their own health and that they have checked with their doctor prior to participating.
- If you are not a part of Facebook please just show up to a Saturday morning run and we will get you all the details you need (or contact me-the race director).
- ONLY FOR THE IN PERSON RACES (virtual has no awards-only the finisher medals) and there will be awards table to pick up your award at the race (they will not be mailed out later).
- OVERALL top three female finishers for each distance.
- OVERALL top three male finishers for each distance.
- Age Group Awards: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and up
- We will be following all health department and WA guidelines to have a safe in person race.
- There will be bottled water and lots of prepackaged foods for all finishers.
- Powell Real Estate Group has made it a tradition to have chocolate milk!
- More Info as we get closer to race day.
- All race results will be posted on line shortly after the race at www.nsplit.com
- PLEASE consider having your friends or family members volunteer for the race. The Volunteers make your race experience that much better.
- If you know of anyone interested in volunteering, please have them contact Amanda Lang at email@example.com.
- Grace Kitchen (local): Their mission statement: Grace Kitchen is a nonprofit that offers hope and opportunity for lasting change to women survivors of trafficking, addiction, homelessness and poverty. We do this by fostering a community of grace where women learn job and life skills that enable them to gain sustainable employment and a secure future for themselves and their children.
- Atlas Freedom: Their mission statement: We exist to empower the rescue and restoration of those in sexual slavery and to prevent exploitation.
- For every race entry we will be donating $5 ($2.50 to each charity).
- You can give additional donations, click on the donate at the top of the page.
- Depending on how many sponsors we can get for the race we will also be donating additional monies. If you know an organization that would like to sponsor please contact the race director (see below for information).
Any other questions, please email the race director, Amanda Lang, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember the race director is a volunteer and works a full time job that does not allow checking of phone, email or Facebook while at work. Please be patient, I promise to get back to you, it just may take a day (or two/three in a really busy week).