RICHLAND RUNFEST 2021 is presented by 3RRR and the title sponsor is Tri-Cities Community Health
- Half Marathon, 10K and 5K (both in person and virtual options)
- You can register for one in person option and then the other distances virtually or all 3 races virtually to obtain all three medals that will fit together to make one big cool medal.
- Did I mention--Do all 3 races and you get 3 medals that go together to get one big medal--you have 1 week to complete the virtual options.
- In Person Race (with COVID precautions in place): Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Virtual Race Window: Saturday February 27, 2021 to Sunday March 7, 2001 at 5pm.
- ***Please be flexible in this COVID time: depending on state regulations the in person races may end up virtual, we will do everything to have an in person race that is safe, but only if it is safe and allowed.
- The in person races will start at 9 am (wave starts continuing for 3 hours total).
- The race course closes at 1:30 PM.
- There will be no early start this year due to COVID, if you need the entire 4.5 hours please contact the race director and you will be placed in one of the first waves.
- Richland, WA
- Start and Finish will be on Port of Benton Blvd, Richland WA 99354, between Lindberg Street and 6th Street.
- Use the address of 3060 Port of Benton Blvd, Richland WA 99354 for GPS directions. (avoid driving on Port of Benton Blvd-that is where everyone will be running)
- Please like us on Facebook for updates and inspiration: www.facebook.com/richlandrunfest.
- This year we have a running group and training plan for both the half marathon and then 10K. See Facebook for details or see below in the running group and training plan section.
- Online registration ends on Wednesday, February 24, at 8 PM.
- The cut off for shirts will be SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7 at 5 PM. Any registration after that date/time will NOT receive a race shirt with their registration- so PLEASE get registered early. And the shirts are going to be a different design but similar style (light weight hoodie pullover that is soft) as the past two years as everyone seemed to really love them!
- The in person races will have a maximum of 250 runners in the half marathon, 175 in the 10k, and 175 in the 5k to meet all COVID standards set by the state. **Last year the race sold out all three distances**
- The virtual races will not have a limit.
- There will be NO race day registration (following COVID protocols)-so make sure you sign up early.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR DEFERRALS. It is entirely possible the in person races will have to be changed to a virtual option due to COVID restrictions.
FEES FOR THE RACE:
- The Half Marathon entry fee is $55 until 1/31/2019, $65 from 2/1/2020 to 2/24/2020. The entry fee for the half marathon includes a buff, shirt (until the shirt deadline), medal and racejoy app use.
- The 10K entry fee is $25 until 1/31/2019, $30 from 2/1/2020 to 2/24/2020. The entry fee for the 10K includes a buff, medal and racejoy app use.
- The 5K entry fee is $20 until 1/31/2019, $30 from 2/1/2020 to 2/24/2020. The entry fee for the 5K includes a buff, medal and racejoy app use.
- The 10K and 5K can purchase the shirt option separately for $25 extra.
- For every participant that signs up (in person race or virtual) we will be donating $5 to a charity: Rescue Freedom. For more information please check out this website: www.rescuefreedom.org
- If you are a current 3RRR club member, your entry fee is $3 less for the half and $2 less for the 10K and 5K. Please see the 3RRR website page for Richland Run Fest for the coupon code or contact the race director for the coupon code.
- SIGN UP EARLY TO SAVE!! and remember there is a 250 runner limit in the half marathon, 175 in the 10k and 175 in the 5k.
- There are NO refunds or deferrals to next years race.
- Everyone who signs up (in person or virtual) will have access to the RaceJoy app. More details closer to race day
- RaceJoy app will allow you to have turn by turn instructions on the course in real time and allow your family and friends to follow you virtually while you are on the course and even record messages for you to get at different mile markers!
- For the in person race TBD- It will be a drive thru option.
- For the virtual races, your goodies will be mailed to you upon completion of the race window. At that time all those who enter results will have their "goodies" mailed to them.
THE IN PERSON RACE SET UP
- Timing will be by chip. There will be mats for timing at the start and finish.
- Every Finisher will receive a finisher medal--they will be different than last year and all 3 race medals will fit together in a unique way, so you can do all three distances and it will be cool-promise.
- Working on how an "aid station" will look-may be self supported. More to come.
- There will be a wave start from 9 am through 12pm, with half marathon going first, 10K next and 5K last. There will be a maximum of 10 runners leaving separated by several minutes. We will follow the guidelines set up by the state health department.
- You will be assigned a wave closer to the race day.
- We will be following the rules and regulations set by the health department in order to have an in person race.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask (or the buff you get with your sign up) at all times in the start and finish area. You will be allowed to take it off once you are on the course, although it is encouraged and recommended to keep it handy to use when passing other runners.
- At all times every participant and volunteer will try and maintain a 6 foot distance from each other if at all possible.
RACE DAY PHOTOS
- Once again Chris Ruby will be donating his services to capture your race day in photos!
- They will be available after the race at no charge to participants
- Thank you Chris!
RUNNING GROUP AND TRAINING PLAN
- Larry is once again leading the running group and training plan for those that are interested.
- The training plan is geared toward first time half marathon runners, but all levels are welcome at the Saturday morning runs.
- The running group will be meeting on Saturday mornings at 6:45am at the Roasters on George Washington Way in Richland. We ask that you park down in Howard Amon parking to not overwhelm Roasters parking lot. All levels are welcome, we will be running the distance that is listed on the training plan. Experienced runners are encouraged to attend to help mentor those who are new to our beloved sport.
- Everyone attending is required to wear a mask and physically distance 6 feet at the 6:45am briefing. We then leave staggered to keep distance between us.
- The Saturday runs will be posted on the Facebook page.
- The training plan is posted on the Facebook page as well. The Weekly column is just the total milage you will run if you do the 4 scheduled runs during the week.
- Remember that everyone is responsible for their own health and that they have checked with their doctor prior to participating.
- If you are not a part of Facebook please just show up to a Saturday morning run and we will get you all the details you need (or contact me-the race director).
- OVERALL top three female finishers for each distance.
- OVERALL top three male finishers for each distance.
- Those awards will be mailed to those individuals.
- Age Group Awards: this year there will not be age group awards due to the way the race has to be distanced. (Instead every finisher gets a medal).
- We will be following all health department and WA guidelines to have a safe in person race.
- Everyone will be required to immediately put on a mask or buff once they cross the finish line and move out of the area. We need everyone to space out 6 feet apart.
- There will be bottled water and a "food gift bag" for all finishers depending on your race.
- All race results will be posted on line shortly after the race at www.nsplit.com
- PLEASE consider having your friends or family members volunteer for the race. The Volunteers make your race experience that much better.
- Volunteers will still be needed but they will be required to wear a mask the entire race and keep a 6 foot distance to all participants as much as possible.
- If you know of anyone interested in volunteering, please have them contact Amanda Lang at email@example.com.
- Their mission statement: We exist to empower the rescue and restoration of those in sexual slavery and to prevent exploitation. www.rescuefreedom.org
- For every race entry we will be donating $5 (so if we sell out that is $1250 for the half marathon and if we sell out all races that is $3250!!)
- You can give additional donations, click on the donate at the top of the page.
- Depending on how many sponsors we can get for the race we will also be donating additional monies. If you know an organization that would like to sponsor please contact the race director (see below for information).
Any other questions, please email the race director, Amanda Lang, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember the race director is a volunteer and works a full time job that does not allow checking of phone, email or Facebook while at work. Please be patient, I promise to get back to you, it just may take a day (or two in a really busy week).