In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
FIGHTING HUNGER ONE DRUMSTICK AT A TIME!
Please join us for our 5th Annual Silverdale Rotary Turkey Trot! For the second straight year we're going free-range with our wild Turkey Trot at Newberry Hill Heritage Park. Help fight hunger while enjoying the beautiful scenery -- away from streets, sidewalks, and cars. The park surrounds Klahowya Secondary School and offers a scenic 2.7 mile loop fire road which will offer a great course for our 5K and 10K events. Enter off Newberry Hill Road into the Klahowya Secondary School parking lot. Staging, registration, and kids' dashes will occur on the school property. The distance runs begin a short walk into the woods.
Register early to guarantee the availability of event t-shirts. In 2021 we had to order shirts early to have them on hand with the supply chain issues. We'll pre-order shirts with specific sizes for pre-registered folks in August 2022.
All proceeds from this event will benefit non-profit organizations and causes to fight hunger in our community.
- Parking, registration, and Kids Dashes will be held on the property of Klahowya Secondary School. Please enter off of Newberry Hill and follow signs to the parking area.
- Race packets will be distributed at multiple locations during the week preceding the race. Packets will also be available on race day.
- The 1-mile, 5K, and 10K events will be run on a wide fire road consisting of compact dirt and rock. The 10K course makes a small detour onto a narrow side trail to supplement the distance needed. 10K racers will run the fire road loop twice. The course will be marked, and staffed for clarity. See link below for a course map.
- Strollers are permitted on the course. For 10K participants there is a detour off the fire road onto a path to add the necessary distance for the race. Unlike the fire road this stretch will require your attention as it gets narrow in a couple of places. However, this is only over about 100 feet in total.
- Total elevation gain/loss for the course is about 200 feet per lap for the 5K and 10K.
- Visit the following link to see the course layout: CLICK HERE FOR COURSE LAYOUTS
- Please contact the race director, Ed Hamilton, with any questions or concerns. Email: email@example.com, cell: 360-649-3004.
We want to thank our sponsors for making the Turkey Trot happen.
-Thrivent (David Jordan)
-Windemere Real Estate (Steven Boe)
-Quality Heating Electrical & AC
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Additional race information can be found at https://silverdalerotaryclub.org.
NEWBERRY HILL HERITAGE PARK.
From NW Newberry Hill Road turn South on Tieton Place NW toward Klahowya Middle School.
Silverdale, WA US 98383
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.