In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Please join us for our 6th Annual Silverdale Rotary Turkey Trot!
For the second straight year we're going free-range with our wild Turkey Trot at Newberry Hill Heritage Park. All events are run in the woods -- away from streets, sidewalks, and cars. The park offers a scenic 2.7 mile loop fire road which offers a great course for our 1-Mile, 5K and 10K events.
Register early to guarantee the availability of event t-shirts. T-shirt sales will cease on November 2, 2023.
Changes in 2023:
All proceeds from this event will benefit non-profit organizations and causes to fight hunger in our community.
- Parking is available on the property of Klahowya Secondary School. Please enter off of Newberry Hill and follow signs to the parking area. Staging, registration, and kids' dashes will occur on an access road to the Heritage Park. From the parking lot this access road will be clearly marked.
- Race packets will be distributed at multiple locations during the week preceding the race. Packets will also be available on race day.
- The 1-mile, 5K, and 10K events will be run on a wide fire road consisting of compact dirt and rock. The 10K course makes a small detour onto a narrow side trail to supplement the distance needed. 10K racers will run the fire road loop twice. The course will be marked, and staffed for clarity. See link below for a course map.
- Strollers are permitted on the course. For 10K participants there is a detour off the fire road onto a path to add the necessary distance for the race. Unlike the fire road this stretch will require your attention as it gets narrow in a couple of places. However, the restricted area is only over about 100 feet in total.
- Well behaved, leashed dogs are permitted (and welcome!).
- Total elevation gain/loss for the course is about 200 feet per lap for the 5K and 10K.
- Visit the following link to see the course layout: CLICK HERE FOR COURSE LAYOUTS
- Please contact the race director, Ed Hamilton, with any questions or concerns. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: 360-649-3004.
As we get closer to the Event
Registration, in person can be made at Pre-Race Packet pick-up locations (see below) and on the morning of the event (Thursday, November 23th). The first distance events start at 8:15 am. If you are going to register on race day please arrive early. Race-Day registration will be cut off at 7:45 am.
Pre-Race Packet Pick-ups
- Tuesday, November 21st from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. A packet distribution and event registration table will be at the inside Mall entrance of Dicks' Sporting Goods in the Kitsap Mall.
- Wednesday, November 22nd 5:00 - 7:00 pm. A packet distribution and event registration table will be at the inside Mall entrance of Dicks' Sporting Goods in the Kitsap Mall.
We want to thank our sponsors for making the Turkey Trot happen. Please visit the links to sponsors on this page.
We recognize not everyone wants a t-shirt. And, we'd rather not take from our proceeds -- that go to fight hunger in our community -- to have shirts made if you don't want one. So, as a compromise, our Turkey Trot T-Shirt can be added for a small fee of $5 for the 10k & 5K Registration. For other races, you can add on a shirt at the Store (please click the image to go to the store). The t-shirt shown in the image is the approximate color of this year's shirt. The logo will additionally list the location of the event and the year.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Additional race information can be found at https://silverdalerotaryclub.org.
NEWBERRY HILL HERITAGE PARK.
From NW Newberry Hill Road turn South on Tieton Place NW toward Klahowya Secondary School.
Silverdale, WA US 98383
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.