In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
1) Is this race affiliated with the 500 Festival and/or Indy Mini Marathon? No, we are not AT ALL! We are a local event management company that stepped up to offer a half marathon drastically smaller in scale that can be done in a safe manner during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been hosting races at this exact site throughout 2020, and the first quarter of 2021.
2) What is "Chase The Checkers?" Chase The Checkers was originally a virtual event launched by RaceMaker Productions in 2020 to challenge Indiana endurance athletes to stay connected, competitive, and to raise funds for our friends at Gleaners Food Bank as hoosiers faced increased hunger needs due to the Pandemic. It was very successful, and returned for 2021 to continue with the same mission. As the opportunity came up the week of March 1 we decided to add a LIVE Half Marathon as a "one and done" race to provide a small percentage of runners/walkers a chance to compete safely in person.
3) Are you affiliated with IMS, and/or will we run on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway? No, we are not connected to IMS, or the Indy 500. No we will NOT run on or near IMS. Our staff is made up of "born and raised" Hoosiers who know how special May is, and want to keep that fire alive! We know we can do it safely, and look forward to providing the opportunity for folks to race in person!
4) Are spectators allowed at the event? As we continue to follow local guidance to keep these events safe, and work to stop the spread of COVID-19...we will continue to NOT ALLOW spectators to this event. If a youth is running that is under 18 years old we allow parents to attend; however, no other spectators are allowed.
5) Are strollers allowed at the event? Yes, strollers are allowed and the course is stroller friendly. We simply ask that you enter your estimated finish time/pace WITH the stroller when you register. This will assure we get you in the proper start corral for your pace.
6) Are dogs allowed at the event? Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at the Chase The Checkers Half Marathon. We hope you have many epic training runs with your 4-legged friend...we sure will be with ours!
7) How are start corrals assigned? Start corrals will be assigned as the event nears based on your estimated finish time entered when registering. This helps eliminate some passing, and spaces out the field competitively with one another.
8) When are start corrals assigned? Start corrals will be sent out race week. We do want all participants in Military Park close enough to hear announcements prior to the start of the race so everyone should be ready to roll at 7:00 AM.
9) I'm registered and can't make it now....what do I do? We do have a general no refund policy in place for all our events. That being said we know stuff happens, and we do offer a virtual option with all current races. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with what is going on, and we will at least assure to switch you to virtual as well as work out getting your SWAG. Please note we need this info before the race to assure we get your SWAG set aside.
You absolutely can sign up with a team for the Ultra Dare and The Double Ultra Dare Events. All the same rules apply, but your individual miles will also be calculated as a team!
Teams will sign up individually for the Ultra Dare or Double Ultra Dare category. Then early in the registration process they will be asked, Would you like to join or create a Group/Team? Answer Yes. After signing the waiver you will have the option to Join an Existing Team or Create a New Team. Tip: It is always wise to check the existing teams before creating a new team. Your friend Bill may have forgotten to mention that he already registered and created your team.
After the first team member registers, the others will need to choose to Join an Existing Team. They will then choose their team from a drop down menu. Easy Peasy! Each person registers themselves, eliminating the need for 1 person to pay for all team members.