In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
A family friendly event with 5K, 10K, and Fun Mile races anywhere you want to run! Kids 5 & Under may participate for FREE but $10 donation requested to support the Carying Place mission.
Our Mission: The Carying Place teaches homeless, working families with children life skills for attaining independent living while providing short-term housing and support services to address their individual needs. To date, we have worked with over 400 families with near 90% success; current program supports eight families living in apartments or town homes owned or leased by TCP.
Our goal is to help working homeless families achieve independent living through mentoring of volunteers providing weekly guidance in managing personal finances, seeking permanent affordable housing, and maintaining a job – breaking the cycle of poverty they have experienced.
Although we had planned for a great live race this year we are going VIRTUAL! That means wherever you are - near or far - you can participate in a great race to support an amazing organization. All you need to do is run wherever you want and submit your times online! It's really fun and super easy!
All runners in the 5K, 10K, and 1 Mile will get a Race for Home shirt and finishers medal. Participants will be able to pick up their Race for Home swag at The Carying Place offices after Labor Day.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Race for Home is part of Fit & Able's VIRTUAL Free-for-All Race Series.
* Final information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run. If you're looking for some great place to run we recommend checking out Cary's many parks and 80+ miles of greenway trails. You can find a complete map here: https://www.townofcary.org/recreation-enjoyment/bike-cary/maps
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All events are now virtual so there are no chip-timed results. All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (but not required), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: All 10K, 5K, and Fun Mile participants will receive a Race for Home shirt and finishers medal. Shirts and medals will be available for pick up from The Carying Place offices beginning TBD.
Awards: Awards are provided by our generous sponsors.
Online registration closes on September 7th at 10 AM.
The Race for Home and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
Make sure you download the RaceJoy mobile app for live phone tracking at The Carying Place Labor Day Race for Home.
Carry your phone and use RaceJoy to add to your race experience with these key features:
The Carying Place Labor Day Race for Home is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator).
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.