In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We're proud to bring back one of Fit & Able's newest holiday races: the Fortnight Before Christmas! The Fortnight Before Christmas is part of Fit & Able's Holiday race series.
Choose between a 1, 2, or 3 lap race (overall and age group awards for each) and of course young kids are welcome to participate with parents too! Each lap is just under a mile.
All finishers will get a great Fortnight Brewery pint glass and the first 100 to register (for those 21+) will get their first pint on us! Fortnight is also running a special for this event so all other pints are just $4 (core beers only)! *Only one drink ticket per adult participant!
Fortnight Before Christmas is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Fortnight Brewery (1006 SW Maynard Rd., Cary, NC 27511)
Course Information: The course is on a partially closed, paved road; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 8K, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Fostering Footsteps bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Race Souvenirs: All finishers will receive a Fortnight Brewery souvenir pint glass and have their choice of either a green embroidered Fortnight Before Christmas knit hat or Cool Santa Hat & Sunglasses. Long-sleeve tech shirts can be purchased separately for $15 each.
Online pre-registration closes on December 5th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Fortnight Before Christmas and all participants are subject to these event polices.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Fortnight Before Christmas.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.