In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We are proud to announce our newest event - Leaves to Leases - benefitting A New Lease on Life. They have helped us support so many other nonprofits at our other races with the big teams they bring out so we wanted to pay it forward and build a race just for them!
A New Lease on Life assists those experiencing homelessness to get back on their feet through stable housing by providing an available apartment home at a reduced rate over a 12-24 month period. The program offers a hand up to those in need. Our purpose is to provide an essential need through stable housing thereby allowing these families to establish up to 2 years of positive rental history thereby allowing them to remain as market renters or in some instances to purchase a home of their very own.
Although we had planned for a great live inaugural race this year we are going VIRTUAL! That means wherever you are - near or far - you can participate in a great race to support an amazing organization. All you need to do is run wherever you want and submit your times online! It's really fun and super easy!
All runners will get a Leaves to Leases shirt and 5K and 8K runners will also get a finishers medal. Since there isn't a race day packet pickup all participants have the option for their packets to be shipped or retrieved at a curbside pickup. Each packet can hold up to 2 shirts AND 2 medals. All packets will be mailed out after the event.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
Leaves to Leases is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All VIRTUAL Race Series.
* Final information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run. If you're looking for some great place to run we recommend checking out Cary's many parks and 80+ miles of greenway trails. You can find a complete map here: https://www.townofcary.org/recreation-enjoyment/bike-cary/maps
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All events are now virtual so there are no chip-timed results. All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy, which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: All participants will get a Leaves to Leases shirt with registration. All 5K and 8K finishers will receive a Leaves to Leases race medal if registered by November 1st. Milers can purchase a medal for $5. Since there is no pre-race or race day packet pickup all packets for purchased shirts or medals must be shipped for $5 per packet or retrieved at a curbside pickup. Packets will be mailed out after the event. Each packet can hold up to 2 shirts AND 2 medals.
Awards: Save your Leaves to Leases bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on November 14th at 10 AM.
Leaves to Leases and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.