THE BOILERMAKER'S ERIE CANAL RACES PRESENTED BY WOLFSPEED® ARE SET FOR SUNDAY, MAY 19th, 2024!
The Boilermaker's Erie Canal Races include a 10 Miler & Relay as well as a 5K.
The courses will begin and finish on the track in the stadium of Whitesboro High School in Marcy, NY. They will cover the trail along the pedestrian bridge over Rt. 49 and make their way to the scenic & historic Erie Canalway Trail and then back.
All events* will have two (2) registration periods as noted below:
- Priority** Registration
- February 19th @ 10:00am through 11:59pm on February 29th
- Open*** Registration
- March 1st @ 10:00am through race day (5/19/24) or until the events meet their individual caps
*Relay registration will close @ 11:59pm on May 16th
**Priority Registration is reserved for any participant who registered for the 2023 Erie Canal Races. This registration period provides those eligible with the lowest available pricing and an exclusive window of opportunity to register.
***Open Registration is for all other interested participants.
VIRTUAL RUNS REGISTRATION
- Can't attend in-person? Consider the Erie Canal Races Virtual 10 Mile & 5K options! The same registration information as shown in #'s 1 & 2 above apply. See Event pages for more details. Your medal and t-shirt will be mailed to you.
- This is tiered pricing event with limited capacities, so register early to save money and secure your spot(s).
- See "Show Registration Details" on the "Event Info" page on the registration site for complete details.
PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION:
- Friday, May 17th from Noon to 7:00pm at Boilermaker offices located at 805 Court Street in Utica, NY (parking available on lot accessible via Sunset Ave)
- Saturday, May 18th from 9:00am to 1:00pm at Boilermaker offices located at 805 Court Street in Utica, NY (parking available on lot accessible via Sunset Ave)
- Race day, Sunday, May 19th, from 6:30am to 7:30am near the Start/Finish Line area
- Anyone who signs up by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 5th is guaranteed a moisture-wicking tech tee shirt in your size and a finisher medal you'll be showing off to your family and friends!
PUBLIC HEALTH PROTOCOL:
- The Boilermaker will follow local & federal public health guidelines in place come race day for the Erie Canal Races. As of today, there are no specific restrictions in place.
- Please stay tuned to our communications via email and social media for any potential updates.
- By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event.
- Per the Boilermaker’s policies, there are no deferrals and no refunds.
- The course is restricted to registered athletes and official race personnel.
- Walkers, animals, skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, bicycles and baby joggers/strollers are prohibited.
- We strongly discourage the use of headphones in both ears for your safety as well as the safety of others.