In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Today marks the halfway point our run & walk which is unlike any other we've done in years before. In each of the previous years, a crowd of runners and walkers would gather on the first Saturday of December to raise their cups of hot cocoa and toast the winners and all who turned out. This year we're not going to gather, but instead run/walk virtually until the end of December 26!
Your options are to join the other competitors and run/walk the distance you choose and enter it on this website after you're done. Or take your time in a non-competitive way, and run/walk the distance between now and December 26. Or, if you're feeling especially stir crazy because you've been housebound for most of 2020, feel free to do your distance more than once. In fact, get family and friends to sponsor all the extra distance you log!
We realize that this year has been a difficult one, and that budgets are tight. But we also know that the charities we're working on behalf of, would appreciate anything you could do for them. All money raised from this event will go to the Alzheimer's Association and Compassionate Care ALS (CCALS), with a portion also going to Special Needs Animal Rescue and Rehabiliation (SNARR) (Frost E D-Snowman has a soft spot in his heart for animals).
See below for additional information about the event, and check back for updates!
It's the starting gun for our virtual race! Each of the past 11 years we grew and learned from the prior year. And then the 2020 pandemic brought us back to ground zero and we are learning all over again how to do this event! We appreciate your patience while we establish the virtual edition of the Hot Cocoa Run & Dog Walk.
1. As usual, the race starts on this, the first Saturday of December. And usually that's when it ends. But not this year: It's been extended virtually through the last Saturday in December, which is the 26th. Register, and then run/walk until December 26. Think of it: You can work off all the holiday treats and test drive all the great running gifts that Santa brings you!
2. All net proceeds benefit Alzheimer's Association, Compassionate Care ALS (CCALS), and a small portion will go to Special Needs Animal Rescue and Rehabiliation (SNARR). You are not required to fundraise, but we encourage you to do so, and you will be rewarded with the incentives outlined below (photos in our store). We are now integrated with Facebook fundraising too, so raise money there!
3. All registrants, upon request, will receive a finisher medal and/or a lighted slapstick for great visibility on walks/runs worn on your arm or on dog's leg!
4. Rules: Anytime between 8:30 am 12/5 and midnight 12/26, run or walk the distance you registered for and then submit your time to the event. You are encouraged to upload photos including your furry four-legged friends!! Be sure to include the hashtag #hotcocoarun.
5. We will post results before the new year and hopefully by 12/28!!
Register to run/walk 1mile, 5k or 10k. This event is always held the 1st Saturday in December. This year plan to run or walk your distance starting 12/5/20 and no later than 12/19/20. Registration fee will go to benefit ALS and Alzheimer's disease. Registration from the dog event will benefit animal rescue SNARR. You can run or walk your distance any time between 12/5/20 5am through 12/26/20 8pm. Since this is virtual, Dogs are allowed in all events and you can walk or run any of the distances.
Age group rankings will be tabulated on 12/27 and posted ASAP but no later than Janaury 1.
Prizes will be given to the top ten highest fundraisers. Fundraising is NOT required!
Prizes are as follows:
Please check back regularly for updates
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.