In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
This is a 12 week half marathon group that will train together for the 2021 Dutchess County Classic Half Marathon (or other half marathon of your choosing). PLEASE NOTE that registration for the Dutchess County Classic Half Marathon is a separate fee. After registration, participants will be sent a $5 discount code which can be used on your Dutchess County Classic Registration.
The training program kick-off session will be held on Wednesday 6/23 at 6pm. Please note that we will NOT be running together that first night however you should come dressed to move as there will be a brief strength training session. The official training plan will start on Sunday 6/27 and you can expect to receive your training plan via email on Tuesday 6/22 so that you can come to the kick-off session with any questions you may have.
This program offers 2 times a week group runs:
1) Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm at Fleet Feet
2) Sunday mornings at 7:00am** at the Walkway over the Hudson (**as the long runs get longer, our training start-time will likely be moved earlier to attempt to beat the heat)
This program will have 2 tracks:
- "Finish" for those who simply wish to complete a Half Marathon without a specific time goal
- "Fast" for those who wish to complete a Half Marathon and have a specific time goal in mind (it is recommended that you will have completed at least 2 half marathons before joining this track)
Included with the program:
- A $5 discount code for your Dutchess County Classic Registration
- A 12 week training plan designed by an RRCA certified coach
- 2 times a week group runs
- Access to an online strength training program created by Feldman Physical Therapy (additional fee); strength training recommendations will be made in the training plan
- Private Facebook group for encouragement, motivation and camaraderie
- Running friends forever
- Custom designed team shirt
- Experienced mentors
- Exclusive product demos & giveaways
- Fleet Feet discount card for us during the program
- Injury prevention workshop & Strength training session with Feldman Physical Therapy
- Other complimentary Informational Sessions including: Half Marathon Nutrition & Yoga for Runners
It is our primary goal for you to complete the half marathon training program successfully without any injuries. As a general guideline, by the start of the program you should be able to run 4-5 miles at a time relatively comfortably and you would ideally have a weekly base of 15ish or more miles. This is not a couch to Half Marathon program!
Training Program Fees are $150
Early Bird (sign-up before 6/13): $135
Fleet Feet Training Group Alumni Cost: $125*
*Prior participant in any Fleet Feet training group (including Winter Warriors and virtual challenges) or a prior Fleet Feet mentor.
Strength Training Subscription: $15 a month to be paid separately and can be canceled at anytime
To learn more about our goal race, the 2021 Dutchess County Classic click here.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com (vs. calling the store).
Once you register, we will send you an email with:
* Your $5 Dutchess County Classic discount code. Unfortunately if you already registered, we do not have a way to retroactively apply the discount.
* A form for us to learn a little more about you and your goals for the program
Please be sure to register with a valid email address that you check regularly or you will miss important communications about the groups.
How do I know if I’m ready?
If you are considering the half marathon training program you should be able ‘comfortably’ run 4-5 miles. This is not a couch to half marathon program. Training for a half marathon is a time commitment and first and foremost you should make sure that you have the time to dedicate to training 4-5 times per week. If you have consistently experienced injuries during training cycles for a shorter distance then you may want to consider repeating that distance again with the goal of training injury free before proceeding to a longer distance.
What if I can’t make it to the group runs?
That’s ok. Come to as many as you can but don’t let the group run schedule deter you from joining the program. The main determination for joining the program should be whether or not you are willing to put in the time for training. Our training groups are typically around 20-30 runners and it would be impossible to find a single day and time that works for every single person. Don’t think that if you can’t it to every session that you won’t find value in the program. We've had runners in the past who didn’t make it to any group sessions but still found great value in the coaching/group dynamic, had a great experience and successfully completed the race.
Will I be too slow?
This is probably the most asked question and the answer is a resounding no! Our groups include runners of all paces, from sub-10 minute pace to 15-16 min. per mile pace. Many if not most of our runners fall in the 11-12 minute pace range. We encourage runners to pair up with a partner who is a similar pace so that no one is running alone. Each group also has mentors who will help with pacing and make sure that no runner is left behind regardless of pace!
What if I want to train with the group but I am doing a different race?
This is absolutely fine but you will be responsible for modifying your training plan to meet your specific needs. If your schedule is ahead of the group’s, we also ask that you don’t encourage other runners to run longer distances than what is prescribed in their training plan.
Will the group runs happen in bad weather?
Generally speaking yes, with the exception of unsafe conditions such as lightning. We will always keep the group posted about the status of our group runs.
Is individualized coaching available?
While we do our best to respond to and accommodate everyone's individual needs, please keep in mind that this is group training. We do not currently offering one-on-one training.
What if I change my mind about training, can I get a refund?
Unfortunately once the shirts are ordered we are not able to offer refunds on the program. If you have a unique circumstance that prohibits you from completing the program, we can gladly offer you a spot in a future training program. Any refunds prior to the ordering of shirts would not include any applicable Run Signup fees.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.