In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://runaroundthesquare.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE A T-SHIRT. DOGS RECEIVE SCARVES. T-SHIRT SIZES ARE NOT REQUESTED DURING REGISTRATION. YOU WILL REQUEST YOUR SIZE AT PACKET PICK-UP.
PRE-RACE PACKET PICK UP WILL BE HELD FRIDAY, AUGUST 25 FROM 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM ONLY AT THE WILKINS SCHOOL COMMUNITY CENTER, 7604 CHARLESTON AVENUE, SWISSVALE. PACKETS CAN ALSO BE PICKED UP STARTING AT 7:00 AM ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, BEFORE THE RACE. ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH MIDNIGHT, THURSDAY, AUGUST 24.
Most of the first mile of the 5K winds through Regent Square streets with plenty of warm, friendly cheers. The remainder of the race is through Frick Park’s cross-country trails, ending in Fern Hollow. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE BACK TO OUR 2021 RACE COURSE. PLEASE REFER TO THE MAP AND TURN-BY-TURN INSTRUCTIONS.
The 1.5 Mile Run/Walk takes place on the charming streets of Regent Square. The family dog can also join in on the fun. Dogs may ONLY participate in the 1.5 Mile Run/Walk. The dog must be leashed and a dog owner/handler must be registered with every dog, no exceptions.
USATF sanctioned event policy does not allow for animals to participate in competitions. The 5K is a USATF sanctioned event; therefore, dogs are PROHIBITED in the 5K.
Both races start at the Environmental Charter School near the corner of Henrietta and Milton. The 1.5 mile race starts at 8:15 am and the 5K starts at 9 am.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
• Start on Milton Street between Henrietta Avenue and Overton Street
(near the Environmental Charter School).
• Run south on Milton crossing Overton Street and continue to Trevanion
Avenue (the end of Milton Street).
• Turn right on Trevanion Avenue and continue three blocks.
• Turn right on Lancaster Avenue.
• Continue on Lancaster Avenue straight into Frick Park following the
road to a steep downhill left.
• Turn right on the Braddock Trail. Look for a barricade and volunteers
to guide you.
• Follow the Braddock Trail (curvy and slight uphill) to the clay tennis
• Exit the trail running straight/right onto the concrete path heading
towards Braddock Avenue, keeping the tennis courts on your left.
• Turn left at the side walk along Braddock Avenue.
• Follow Braddock Avenue to Forbes Avenue and turn left. Run across
the bridge. IMPORTANT NOTE! You must stay on the sidewalk
when crossing the bridge in order to get back onto the trail.
• Enter Frick Park by turning left onto Clayton Trail at the end of the
bridge (by the stone entry gatehouse).
• Make a slight left uphill and continue onto South Clayton Trail.
• Follow South Clayton to Nature Trail. Turn left onto Nature Trail.
• Turn left at the end of Nature Trail onto Falls Ravine Trail.
• Stay right at the fork.
• Continue downhill. The Finish Line is at the very bottom of the hill,
where Falls Ravine Trail enters Frick Park Hollow.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.