What Is Pat's Run?
- Pat's Run is the signature fundraiser for the Pat Tillman Foundation's Tillman Scholars program. In partnership with the City of Tempe, Arizona State University and our presenting sponsor TEKsystems, we’ve made a joint decision to hold Pat’s Run virtually on April 24, 2021 to prioritize the health and safety of our runners, our volunteers and the community that continues to support education and leadership development for Tillman Scholars.
Is My Pat’s Run Entry Fee Tax Deductible?
- Per IRS regulations, individual registration fees for the event are not tax-deductible (due to goods and services received). Please note, any donations or pledges over and above the registration fee are tax-deductible. All Team Tillman Pat’s Run donations are tax-deductible.
What Is a Virtual Event?
- A virtual event is a walking and running event that you can complete from anywhere. Pat’s Run will take place on April 24, but for maximum flexibility, we’re opening our submission period to let you run or walk your 4.2 miles between April 23 and April 25, 2021! The best part of a virtual event is convenience — you decide where, when and which time works best for you.
What Is The Distance?
- Run or walk 4.2 miles anywhere and anytime between April 23 - April 24; the kids run distance is .42 miles.
When Is Pat's Run?
- Pat’s Run official festivities will take place on April 24, 2021 at 7:05am MST. But we understand the benefits of flexibility in a virtual run, so you can participate and submit your virtual results anytime between the dates of April 23 and April 25, 2021.
PAT'S RUN CHALLENGE SERIES
What Is a Tillman Honor Run?
- A Tillman Honor Run is a 4.2 mile family friendly, in person, walk/run that takes place in various cities around the country. They are in partnership with ASU Alumni Chapters.
What Is the Pat's Run Challenge Series?
- New for 2021! Pat's Run has expanded to include a three-race challenge series: Pat's Run, a virtual Pat's Run Challenge 10K and a virtual Pat's Run 42 in 40 Challenge, in which participants commit to running, walking or hiking 42 miles in 40 days between Oct. 3 and Veterans Day. Participants will get a t-shirt and medal for each event in the challenge and those who complete all three get a special giveaway after finishing all three.
Do I Have to Register for a Bundle?
- You don't, but this is the only way to get discount registration for the Pat's Run Challenge Series. You can choose from a two race bundle, which includes Pat’s Run and then you can pick between the virtual 10k and the 42 in 40 Challenge or a three-race bundle that registers you for all three. Registration for the virtual 10K and the 42 in 40 Challenge will open in June but if you wait until then, you'll pay full price for both. Save $20 over full-price registration for the three-race bundle.
REGISTRATION AND SHIPPING QUESTIONS
When Will the Race Packets Ship?
- We plan to begin shipping in March. Unfortunately due to circumstances we can’t control, such as U.S. postal backups or pandemic closures, we can’t predict an exact date. Please check our social media for updates about shipping. We also have incorporated tracking information into our process, so you’ll be notified when your race packet ships.
How Can I Update My Shipping Address?
- If your package has not shipped out yet, we are happy to help you update your shipping address. Just shoot us an email at email@example.com and we can help you out. If your gear has already shipped out, we aren't able to update your shipping address.
How Will I Know My Race Packet Has Shipped?
- We will send you a shipping confirmation email with your unique tracking link when your package ships so you can follow it on its path to your mailing address.
How Can I Change My Shirt Size After I Have Registered?
- If your package has not shipped out yet, we are happy to help you change your shirt size. Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you out. If your gear has already shipped out, we won’t able to accommodate shirt changes or exchanges.
How Come I Got Charged Per Registration for Shipping and Handling Even Though we are in the Same Household?
- All race items are being fulfilled by a local small business. This cost per registration is to help pay for the costs of packing and shipping. Items MAY be consolidated into one package but it is not guaranteed.
How Do I Sign Up a Team?
- Go to www.patsrun.org
- Click “Register Now”
- Select your registration choice (4.2 Mile or 0.42 mile Kids Run)
- Enter in your personal information and click “Next”
- Read and Agree/Sign the waiver by initialing in the box (Please note: if a child is under age, the waiver must be signed by an adult). Click “Next”
- Select Create a New Team from the radio buttons
- Type in the name that you would like for your team
- When you create a new team, you may also choose to create a team password that you’ll need to provide to others you invite to join you. Click “Next”
- Enter in your address
- Select your shirt size
- Choose a donation option or click “Next”
- Choose your previous Pat’s Runs
- Select your demographics or click “Next”
- Set up your team’s fundraising page. Select yes to register a team or an individual in our fundraising efforts and be eligible for awesome prizes!
- Enter in a Discount Code (if applicable)
- Review your order summary and click “Checkout”
How Do I Register Multiple People and Make One Payment?
- Follow the steps to register and at the end of your registration you will have the option to “Add new entry.” You are able to do this same step for the Kids Run and participants under 12-years-old. The waiver form for each participant is the responsibility of that participant and that of parent or guardian of any minor-aged participants.
KIDS RUN QUESTIONS
Can Kids Register for the 4.2 Mile Walk / Run Event?
- Yes. Children may register for both the 4.2 mile and Kids Run. Children under 12 years of age that are registered for the Kid’s Run will not receive a finisher medal and will receive the Pat’s Run “Kids Run” race shirt and a participation ribbon. This shirt is different from the race shirt adults or those over age 12 receive when they register for the 4.2 mile walk/run event.
If My Kid Is Registered for the Kids Run, Do They Receive a Finisher Medal?
- No. They will receive a finisher ribbon.
Does the Kids Run Race Shirt Say "Give 'Em Hell"?
- No. The Kid’s Run race shirt says “Kids Run” in the place where the adult race shirt says “Give Em’ Hell.”
RACE DAY QUESTIONS
How Can I Track the Event? Are you Using Strava Again?
- This year, we will be using the RaceJoy app, which allows us to create a more personalized and fuller race experience. You’ll be able to send cheers to others running or walking Pat’s Run, hear from sponsors and special guests along the course and more! We will be sending details on how to download and use RaceJoy in early April.
MANAGE REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
MANAGE MY FUNDRAISING PAGE: