Are strollers permitted by participants?
- Absolutely! We are very family friendly! We do ask that families with strollers begin at the back of the group for everyone's safety.
Are pets, such as dogs, allowed to come on race day?
- Unfortunately due to the insurance policy that must be held, pets are NOT allowed unless they are certified leader dogs. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but sure do appreciate your understanding in the matter.
What happens if it rains Race Day?
- The race will take place rain or shine - be on the lookout for where the indoor location for lunch will be moved to - We will be sure to make sure that each participant has any information pertaining to location changes should the weather choose to not cooperate.
Will there be any prizes given out to racers?
- Yes! Each participant for the KIDS' MILE FUN RUN will get a memento of some sort. Each age category will have winners for the top 3 runners and also a BEST Men's and Women's overall.
- Costumes - if you come to show off your best SUPERHERO COSTUME, you could win a gift card - Prizes will go to best Man, Woman, and group of 4
What is the terrain like for the 2 courses?
- 5K - The terrain is flat with different surface changes - most of the course is paved concrete but there is a portion that is gravel
- Kids' Mile - Totally paved surface with a mild hill down dock street towards the lake
What is included with my registration?
- Each registration includes a T-Shirt and a meal ticket for the all you can eat pancakes catered by Chris Cakes
Can friends/family attend post race festivities?
- Yes- Absolutely! This is a community event whether participating in the main event or not.
I can no longer attend. Can I receive a refund?
- Because of the nature of this event, we cannot offer refunds. Just remember its all for a GREAT cause and we appreciate you!
Is this event a fundraiser for the local Alcona High School Track Team
- It is not. However, due to the love for and time dedicated to this sport by our beloved Rosie during her high school years at Alcona- proceeds from this event will help in generating a college scholarship to 1 Senior Track Athlete.