In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
In today’s busy and unpredictable world self-care is all too often shoved to the bottom of the priority list. Truthfully, it belongs at the top. It is far better to show up as a healthy, focused, well-nourished and well-rested individual than to muddle through our many responsibilities at a fraction of our potential. Your friends, your family, your peers, your teammates and yes, your baristas will thank you for taking on the self-care challenge.Take the Challenge
This event is generously supported by Tom Love, CFP, of The Main Street Group
Expand your knowledge of self-care this week by following our social media channels as we share tips throughout the week. Additionally, Join Us for CKG Yoga for Teens and Families via Zoom – September 16, 2020 5pm
Gentle. Family-friendly. 45-minutes.
1. Take a few quiet moments each day and try this mindful breathing practice.
2. Slow down. Try your morning coffee or tea a whole new way.
3. Schedule a 15-minute mindful walk outside alone, without your phone.
4. Connect with your favorite animal; a pet, the birds outside your window, or take a trip to the zoo.
5. Take a field trip to your local farmer’s market. Select items for creating a healthy and nourishing meal.
6. Prioritize exercise. Move your body for a minimum of 30 minutes at least 4 times this week. Luxuriate in relaxing yoga poses. Run or walk briskly to elevate the heart rate. Engage in a session of your favorite sport.
7. Make a date to spend time with a friend. We are wired for connection.
8. Select and write down a personal go-to expression for positive affirmation.
9. Take a social media sabbatical.
10. Say ‘no’.