In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.beastlake5k.com.
Eastlake Community Church invites you to participate in the 2nd Annual Beastlake 5K and Obstacle Course races on Saturday July 4. This is a community event open to all people, of all fitness levels, from the novice to the hardcore athlete. Choose from one of three events that best suits your fitness and skill level. This event raises fund for Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy.
5K Run/Walk: $25 (May 31 - July 4)
5K Obstacle Course: $45 (May 31 - July 4)
1.5 Mile Obstacle Course Fun Event (individual): $25 (May 31 - July 4)
*1.5 Mile Obstacle Course Fun Event (FAMILY): $45 (May 31 - July 4)
*shirts available for additional $5.00 if choosing FAMILY 1.5mi Obstacle Course Fun Event.
PAPER REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT
Registration fees are non-transferable & non-refundable. An entry can only be used for the person registered for the entry. Entries cannot be deferred to the following year or a future event.
Friday (July 3rd) 5:00PM - 7:30PM, Eastlake Community Church (Main Street) 1201 Timberwood Dr. Moneta, VA 24121
Saturday (July 4th) 6:30AM - 8:45AM, Eastlake Community Church
Participants registered on or before Sunday June 21st are guaranteed a shirt. A limited number of extra shirts will be available on a first-come basis at packet pickup.
Please Note: Family pricing for the 1.5mi Obstacle Course Fun Event does not include a shirt. Shirts can be purchased for $5.00 each with Family pricing.
AWARDS: (5K Run & 5K Obstacle Course ONLY)
FINISHER MEDALS - presented at the finish line race day
OVERALL AWARDS & AGE GROUP AWARDS - will be mailed post race
Top 3 Overall Male and Female, Top 2 Male and Female in each age group (14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over). Rankings are based on "chip" time minus any bonus time.
*This is a Chip timed event, Disposable MyLaps Race Bib Technology will be used.
Due to current social distancing recommendations, we are currently planning to limit all heats to less than 50 people and not hold an awards ceremony on site.
Medals will be mailed to overall winners and age group winners. No awards will be given for the 1.5 mile Family Fun Run OC.
START TIME(S) & COURSE(S):
5K Run / Walk - Waves (8:00am & 8:15am)
The 5k is a cross country course that winds through the new Eastlake property. It is a rolling course with great views. This will be an official course with electronic timing for the competitive runner. All skill levels are welcome including walkers. We want everyone to get moving and join us in this fun and fundraising event for Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy.
Beast Lake Obstacle 5k - Waves (7:30am, 7:45am, 8:30am 8:45am)
The Beastlake Obstacle course is designed to test your total fitness including strength, speed, agility, balance, and endurance. The obstacle course race follows the trail of the 5K Race. Along the side of the trail will be 12 obstacles including the signature Ninja wall. The obstacles are designed to test speed, strength, agility, balance and stamina. This race will be chip timed with awards for overall and age group finishers. Experience a new challenge over Independence weekend with this fun and physically demanding race.
Beastlake Obstacle Course Family Fun Run - Waves (9:00am, 9:15am)
The Family Fun Run is a scaled down version of race. It is 1.5 miles in length and contains 7 obstacles. This run is designed for people who are new to obstacle course racing, families who want to participate with their children. Basically anyone who wants to try a new fitness experience. The run will be timed but the emphasis is on fellowship and participation over results and a personal best time.
1. Spider climb—Climb over a 12 foot tall rope spider net.
2. NEW: Tarzan Jungle Gym Climb-- This obstacle is new for this year and is a combination of a jungle gym and a rope climb. Nestled in the woods, ropes have been affixed to boars and trees. The competitor must climb/swing to each rope without touching the ground.
3. Balance beam/slack line. Competitors must maintain there balance across a total of forty feet distance that includes a slack line.
4. Tire agility drill—Speed step through a series of tires.
5. NEW: Hay bale climb. Climb over a 6 ft round hay bale. Then a second 6ft. hay bale. We have added a new challenge this year. There is an additional hay bale and a rope swing in between the second and third bale used to swing to and over the third bale.
6. Hay bale tall climb. In this obstacle two 6ft round hay bales are stacked together in a base with a third hay bale on top. The athletes must climb over the hay bale mountain.
7. Slanted steps—Competitors must jump from or run through the series of slanted steps without touching the ground.
8. Military crawl. –Military crawl as fast as you can under a forty foot section of ropes.
9. Bucket challenge—Carry a sand-filled bucket to the designated area and back.
10. Hay bale hurdles. Hurdle over 6 standard rectangular hay bales as you run through the course.
Obstacles 1-10 are part of both the 1.5 mile and 5k OC. Obstacles 11-12 are only part of the 5k course.
11. Tire flip—Flip an oversized truck tire 5 times.
12. NEW—Log carry—Carry the heavy log through a series of twists and turns.
Ninja Wall. This is our signature obstacle. It is a 14 ft. warped wall that is built to the specifications of the wall seen on American Ninja Warrior. Competitors will receive bonus points for scaling the wall and then climbing down the ladder on the back side.
PETS AND STROLLERS ARE PROHIBITED.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.