In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The J-Hawks are excited to offer an IN-PERSON 5K AND 10K Run/Walk!
A virtual option is also available.
$20 Entry Fee INCLUDES a shirt.
*** Want a dryfit option? Add $5 ***
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
Race Packet Pickup/Registration: 7:30am-7:15am
Location: Starin Park pavilion
Required General Meeting: 7:50am
We know athletes are itching to get out and run/walk with others.
This is a fundraising event to help the J-Hawks offer programming to area youth. We teach swim lessons and a youth swim team. We also give free/reduced programming for all area children on free/reduced school lunches.
Your safety is our priority, so we have setup safety protocols so that we keep racers socially distanced before, during, and after racing.
Mask or no mask? Please do what makes you comfortable. Our volunteers will be wearing masks and some will be wearing gloves, as well.
Here is a summary of our guidelines:
1. Runners will be assigned start times, beginning at 8am. The 10K runners will start first
2. The event will be capped at 200 racers.
3. Runners should arrive 20 minutes within their start time (not before please).
4. Pickup your race bag (shirt/if applicable, bib, & pins will be in your bag). Shirts will be mailed, if not available, for on-site registrations, on race day.
5 Be at the starting line 6 minutes before your scheduled start time.
6. Runners will start every minute, 2 racers on the line. There will be markings for the "bullpen" racers.
7. If you need to pass a runner, please keep your distance.
8. Park bathrooms are available on race day.
9. Bottled water will be handed out, after the race (the volunteer will be wearing gloves and mask).
10. A water station will be available on the 10k route. Poured water will be sitting on a table. You must take your own water.
11. IN PERSON Results will be posted on-line by 2pm and awards will be mailed. VIRTUAL race results will be posted Monday, July 13th.
12. The only verbal announcements will be referring to start times.
Award Divisions (Top 3, Men, Women - Virtual Racers will have separate awards):
12&Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89
OVERALL WINNERS (Men/Women, 5K & 10K runs)
We will be awarding gift cards to our overall winners! They will be mailed with your award.
FUN RAFFLE ITEMS FOR FINISHERS
We'll be raffling off 2 entries to the Discover Whitewater 1/2 Marathon and 5K race, which is scheduled for Sunday, September 20th.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR EVENT!
Check out our other race this summer:
FREE VIRTUAL RACE: TRIATHLON - RUN - WALK - CYCLING - DUATHLONS
Friday, August 7th - Sunday, August 16th
Challenge your friends and family to race, too!
RACE DETAILS ARE HERE!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
5K RUN/WALK COURSE MAP
This will be safety yellow, so you can be well seen while running.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.