In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Racing Series was created to give members a fun and friendly way to compete with one another in a points-earning event. Each year, a series of local 5k and 10k races are hand-picked to be part of the series. As races are held throughout the year, runners who elect to participate in the series will score points based on their overall finishing place overall or in their age groups. Regardless of finishing position, each participant will receive points just for finishing. The better the finishing position, the more points that are awarded. At the end of the year, points are accumulated and the person with the highest points wins the competition within the designated age group. Racing series winners are announced at the BRC Annual Awards Banquet held in February.
Not a member yet? Click here to join the club online.
Only BRC members in good standing will be awarded points. You must be an active BRC member on race day to score points. You may join the series at any point throughout the year but you will only earn points for races completed after enrollment.
- Points are accumulated throughout the entire race series.
- You may enter as many of the races as you like; however, you must run at least three, and only your best five will be included in your final score.
- You will be scored in whichever age group you belong to on race day.
- You will remain in whichever age group you belong to on 1/1/2020 for the entirety of the racing series competition, even if you move to a higher age group on your birthday.
- No tie breakers. If there is a tie in the final standings, both winners will receive an award.
- For adults, racing series includes five-year age groups. Overall Winner, Masters, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster and Veteran Grandmaster will be pulled from the age groups and awarded separately.
- Children are eligible and will be placed in the following age groups: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19.
- Runners under 20 years old cannot win the Overall Award.
Awards will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet in February.
Scoring Points -
Overall Male/Female - 10 points
Master, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster, Veteran Grandmaster male/female - 8 points
1st in Age Group - 6 points
2nd in Age Group - 4 points
3rd in Age Group - 3 points
Finish any position - 2 points
How to Enroll -
Log into RunSignUp
· Click on Profile in the upper right corner of page
· Scroll to the bottom and click on ‘My Club Memberships’. The clubs you belong to will appear.
· Click on ‘Manage’ at the right of ‘Bradenton Runners Club’
· Click on ‘Update Questions’ from the list on the left.
· Opt in to the Racing Series by checking the box
· Scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Update Responses’
2020 Racing Series Lineup
Please note that this schedule is subject to change
For the races that currently have open registration, you may click the link for more information.
Saturday, February 8, 8:00 a.m. - Dolphin Dash 5k
Friday, March 27th, 6:30 p.m. - Robinson Preserve Twilight 10k (note that only the 10k will be scored in the series)
Saturday, April 25th, 6:00 p.m. - The De Soto Grand Parade 5k
Monday, September 7th, 8:00 a.m. - Canes Cross Country Classic 5k
Sunday, October 18th, 8:30 a.m. - Ghost Run 5k
Saturday, November 7th, 7:15 a.m. - Fort Hamer Bridge Run 10k (note that only the 10k will be scored in the series)
Saturday, December 12th, 6:00 p.m. - Reindeer River Run
**Sunday** December 27th, 8:00 a.m. - Manatee River Run 5 Mile State Championship
BRC Racing Series Standings by Year