TMC Get Moving Tucson Half-Marathon is Tucson's most popular urban half-marathon event, with the TMC A-Mountain Half-Marathon, the Tucson Lifestyle 5k Run/Walk, and the Cox Charities Free FitKidz Mile for children 12-and-under. Produced by Run Tucson, TMC Get Moving Tucson is Tucson's most popular urban half-marathon with live music, a vendor expo, children's activities, jumping castle, food trucks, breakfast after-party, and more. Online registration closes on October 24th, so be sure to sign up and be part of Tucson's most popular urban Half Marathon!
Which TMC Get Moving Tucson event is right for you?
Wanna' go the distance? Then check out the TMC A-Mountain Half-Marathon, starting at 6:15 am.
An easy 5k more your style? Then walk or jog the Tucson Lifestyle 5k, starting at 7:45 am.
Got kids? Bring 'em to the Free FitKidz Mile for children 12-and-under and Cox Charities Family Costume Mile, free for all! Starts at 9:00 am.
- Free Race shirt: The first 1500 registrants receive the green heather blend short-sleeve shirt, in women's and unisex sizing
- Finisher's Medal: Every finisher in the 5k and half-marathon receives the special coaster medallion designed in partnership with local Cirrus Visual and Ashworth Awards, the nation's premier medal company
- For Sale: Black long-sleeve hoodies and Run Tucson caps for sale on race day, $20 apiece
Race Day Music
- Finish Line concert by Maxx Staxx and the Mighty X
- Staging sound by the legendary DJ RIch
- Motivational rock n' roll on top of A-Mountain by the Rayleigh Thomas Instability band
Snacks and Drink
- Gatorade on the course and at finish line
- GU Energy Gel on A-Mountain
- Post-race snacks of cookies, chips, and more, courtesy of Tucson Medical Center
- Free coffee by race beneficiary Team Hoyt
- Food trucks on site after the race
- Age group awards -- gift certificates from The Running Shop + commemorative glasses
- Cash prizes for top runners
- Earn your points at SAR's Running Shop Grand Prix
For Children and Families
- All children 12-and-under can participate in the Free SAR FitKidz One Mile (and the course is a bit short so they will have a super-fast time, too!!)
- Jumping Castle and Face Painting courtesy of Cox Communications
- This is the third race of the 2019 Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown. Proceeds will benefit Team Hoyt Arizona, the BEYOND-Tucson Foundation, Arizona Federation for the Blind, and the Southern Arizona Roadrunners
- For both the 5k and the Half, the fun begins in the heart of Downtown Tucson, with a route including historic West University and the canyons of Downtown.
- Half-Marathoners will head back to Sentinel Peak and crank the A-Mountain loop, then hit the the flat out-and-back on the Santa Cruz Riverpath at the base of A-Mountain, rockin' with local bands and with views of the distant mountains. Speed the last mile into the heart of Downtown, as the finish line band rocks the tunes and friends, family, and other runners cheer your finish.
Saturday, October 26
- 10:00 - 1:00 Race Registration and Packet Pick up at The Running Shop, 3055 North Campbell Avenue (all t-shirts are first-come, first-served)
Sunday, October 27: Race Morning at start/finish area, Jacome Plaza, 115 North Church
- 5:30 am Final in-person registration and packet pick-up begins -- ending 15 minutes before each of the race events. Early Half-Marathon Start is at 5:45 and TMC Half start is at 6:30, so be sure you allow time to get your stuff. Remember, all t-shirts are first-come, first-served.
- 6:15 am TMC Half-Marathon Start for all runners and walkers
- 7:45 am Tucson Lifestyle 5k Run/Walk, for all ages and participants with overall and age group awards.
- 9:00 am Cox Charities Costume Mile and FitKidz Free One Mile - Free for all 12-and-under and all those in costume
- All children under 12 years old, receive SAR goodies and eegee's for the little ones. All milers receive a 2017 or 2018 TMC Get Moving Tucson medallion, depending on what we have in the storage shed!!
- 9:15 Awards Ceremonies and Charity Give -- be on hand to celebrate Hoyt Arizona, the Southern Arizona Roadrunners, and the BEYOND-Tucson Foundation
Course Closure Times (These are the tentative closure times, with final details to be determined by Tucson Police Department)
- 8:00 am Water Station at A-Mountain Water Station, Mile 7
- 9:00 am Water Station at Santa Cruz River Path near Starr Pass Blvd, Mile 10
- 10:30 Mile 12: All participants routed to sidewalk or picked up by sag vehicle, depending on TPD decision
- 11:00 Timing at Finish Line Closes