In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Impact on the City of Bakersfield
Over 2000 athletes will be participating in the 2018 Bakersfield Marathon on Sunday, November 18th. To provide a safe environment, the race route includes city-wide, temporary road closures starting at CSU Bakersfield and following this general schedule:
• 4:30am - 3:00pm Stockdale Highway closed between Gosford Road and Calloway Drive.
• 5:00am - 8:30am Closures from CSUB eastbound along Stockdale Highway to California Avenue.
• 5:00am - 10:30am Closures on northeast-bound California Avenue, then east on Chester Lane, south on Real Road, and east on Palm Street to Oleander Drive to California Avenue and Bakersfield High School. Continuing from BHS, the majority of Downtown streets west of Chester Avenue will be closed as runners zig-zag through Westchester and Riviera Westchester making their way towards the Garces Circle.
• 5:00am - 12:00pm Closures from the Garces Circle northbound on Chester Avenue, eastbound on Columbus Street, northbound on Union Avenue, then east on El Cerrito Drive continuing to Acacia Avenue, Amherst Street & Princeton Street.
• 5:00am - 12:30pm Closures on Amherst Street to Princeton Avenue to northbound Haley Street to the Bakersfield College campus. The final closure will be Panorama Drive from Mount Vernon Avenue to Manor Drive before the participants return to CSU, Bakersfield on the Kern River Parkway.
A clean-up team and police safety team will trail the final runner and re-open roads as the race passes through intersections. Streets nearest the starting line (i.e. Stockdale Hwy & California Ave) will be re-opened as early as 8:30am. Rolling-openings will continue throughout the day until all city roads are restored by 3:00pm.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.