Additional race information can be found at http://www.starunnerenterprises.com.
|DreamCatcher Half Marathon - a RRCA Colorado State Half Marathon Championship Race||
Time7:00AM MST - 1:00PM MST
|DreamCatcher Kid's Dash||
Time10:00AM MST - 11:00AM MST
641 Struthers Avenue
Grand Junction, CO US 81501
Online Registration is now closed. You can still join us! On-site registration will take place on Friday, March 3 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Summit Canyon Mountaineering (461 Main Street, Grand Junction) or on race day at the race start from 6:30 am to 8:30 am. We hope you'll join us!
On Site Registration Fee: $85.00 for the Half Marathon; $15.00 for the Kid's Dash
Join us in beautiful Western Colorado for the tfourth annual DreamCatcher Half Marathon. Following the Riverfront Trail along the Colorado River, you'll get to experience the views that the locals brag about - the Colorado National Monument, The Grand Mesa and the Bookcliffs. This event is geared to every level of participant - to the first-timer to the seasoned half marathon runner - there's something for everyone.
Our goal is to get EVERYONE happily to the finish line - through cheer and encouragement stations, ample aid stations, pacers and the ultimate reward - a unique finisher's medal that you will be proud to show off.
New this year! a One Mile Kid's Dash! Bring the kids out and get them into the sport that welcomes everyone at every ability!
All runners will receive a gender-specific t-shirt. However, anyone registered AFTER February 1, 2017 will not be guaranteed a shirt. *** Please note that the women's cut t-shirt runs small ***
Online registration closes at midnight on March 1, 2017. If space is available, packet pick up and race day registration will be available.
Make sure you check out and like our Facebook Page! You never know when there will be a discount listed there!
Starunner Enterprises is pulling out all the bells and whistles for the fourth running of the DreamCatcher Half Marathon! This is a perfect event for all levels of runner - from first time to seasoned runner.
The DreamCatcher Half Marathon is a RRCA Colorado State Championship Race.
DreamCatcher Half Marathon is USATF Certified! USATF Certificate #CO15018DCR!
For the Half Marathon -
Full course support (water, hydration, fuel, encouragement, porto-pots), gender specific t-shirt, after-race party, SWAG bag and the most awesomest medal. In addition, there will be 4 Over All Awards presented to the first place male and female and to the "Had to Work the Hardest for the Goal" (last) male and female (4 awards, total).
The course does have a 6 hour limit BUT if a participant reaches Mile 9 by Noon, they will be able to continue on with full course support and full finish line amenities. If, by some chance, a participant is not able to make it to Mile 9 by Noon, they will have the option to continue on without aid station support or be leap-frogged to the last mile to walk it in. Finish line amenities WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE. After all, we're celebrating the effort of crossing that line and the accomplishment that it shows.
Hang around the finish and cheer runners and enjoy your post-race meal. Prize raffle will begin about 11 am so keep a hold of your raffle ticket (must be present to win)!
Your registration includes full course support, chip timing, aid stations with water, Skratch Labs, Honey Stingers (located around mile 9), unique race shirt in men and women's cut, unique finisher's medal, finish line snacks and hydration, a post-race celebration meal and a beer from Kannah Creek Brewery. The Kid's Dash includes everything but the Celebration meal.
Guaranteed T-Shirt size is only available for registrations received BY February 1, 2017.
DreamCatcher Half Marathon utilizes a reverse-wave start system where the longer expected finishers start before the quicker finishers. This ensures course support for EVERYONE and an exciting finish line thrill! You will be asked to select your start time when you register. In order to ensure accurate timing, we ask that you stick with your designated race start time.
- Expected finish of 4-6 hours: 7:00 am
- Expected finish of 3-4 hours: 7:30 am
- Expected finish of 2-3 hours: 8:00 am
- Expected finish of 2 hours or faster: 8:30 am
The Kid's Dash will start at 10:00 am. If you are running the Half marathon and want to run with your child during the Kid's Dash, please pick the appropriate start time so you can finish your race in time for the Kid's Dash start at 10:00 am.
Join us at 10:00 am for the Kid's Dash start with our Honorary Race Director, Corky the Coyote from the GJ Rockies! Get a selfie with Corky, run a mile and enjoy your accomplishment with a finisher medal to remind you of your efforts!
The Kid's Dash will start at 10:00 am and parents are welcome to join their runner on the course.
Registration for the Kid's Dash must be received by February 1, 2017 to guarantee a participant t-shirt. Kid's Dash registration does not include the Edgewater Finisher Party.
RRCA Championship Event Series
The RRCA Championship Event Series is the largest grassroots organized running series in the US, attracting over 320,000 runners each year.
Since 1958, the RRCA has awarded championship events through a competitive bidding process at the National, Regional, and State level to RRCA member clubs and events to promote the sport of distance running.
The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to shine a spotlight on well-run events and to award top performing runners in the open, masters (40+), grand masters (50+), and senior grand masters (60+) categories for both men and women.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Volunteers are the engine that drives the DreamCatcher Half Marathon & Kids' Dash. 2017 marks our 4th Annual event! We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all who have helped over the past 3 years and look forward to seeing old and new faces for 2017!
We could not make DreamCatcher a success without one essential ingredient — YOU! Volunteers are a vital part of creating this spectacular event. Volunteers provide safety and organization, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. It takes quite a few volunteers over the course of the event weekend to provide an amazing event for our participants here in the beautiful Grand Valley.
Volunteers are needed over the course of the weekend, starting with packet pick-up and continuing to race day.
Individual Volunteer Perks
Along with our heart-felt THANK YOU, as an individual volunteer for the DreamCatcher Half Marathon, you will receive:
- Volunteer Race Shirt
- Discount on a future Starunner Enterprises event (percentage off, based on time given)
- Credit toward volunteer/service hours for those needing this benefit
Group and Organization Volunteer Perks & Roles
Not only do we love our volunteers, but we LOVE when groups come out! Show your group/organization/company spirit by coming out together. In addition, we'll provide donations for qualifying groups (*some restrictions apply). Some of our popular group areas include but are not limited to:
- Aid Stations: Deck out your aid station by bringing balloons, company branded vehicle, table covers — you name it, you brand it!
- Medals: you want to own it? Be our guest!
- As a volunteer, you are an Ambassador for Starunner Enterprises and the DreamCatcher Half Marathon & Kids' Dash and should treat runners, guests, participants, other volunteers with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Be prepared to answer many types of questions. Familiarize yourself with the course map and schedule of events. You can find this information on our website,www.starunnerenterprises.com or our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/dreamcatchergj to learn more about our event.
- You can sign up for as many shifts and roles as you like — but please make sure they don't overlap!
- Once you sign up, we depend on your commitment to being a part of DreamCatcher. Your prompt arrival and completion of your shift are vital to the success. When you sign up, you commit to being present for that specific shift(s) during the entire length of that shift(s).
- Until 2 days prior to your scheduled shift, you are able to change/cancel your day/assignment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it is the day of your scheduled shift and you find you cannot make it, please be considerate and contact our volunteer coordinator, Tami Robinson, so we can adjust our roster.
- We are like the postal service — our event will take place regardless of the weather. Please check the weather and dress accordingly. We recommend dressing in layers as the weather in can change quickly.
- You may not consume any alcoholic beverages or smoke during your volunteer shift.
- You may not text/talk on your cell phone during your volunteer shift.
- Unless otherwise directed, you may not eat during your volunteer shift. Please plan on eating before/after your shift.
- Your assignment is complete when a staff member releases you. If you have not been released at the end of your shift, please contact a lead volunteer or staff member. If you are on the course, your assignment is complete when you are contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator, Tami Robinson, that you can clean up your area and bring the supplies in to the start area.
- Children under the age of 10 may not participate as a solo volunteer (ie, an individual not signed up with a group of 10 or more), nor may they be with you during your volunteer shift. Children between the ages of 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:6 ratio; Children between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:15 ratio.
- Pets are not allowed with you during your volunteer shift
- Depending on race needs, volunteer assignments may be reallocated — please be flexible.
- Starunner Enterprises is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Photo Credit: Jeff Stoddart Photography
DreamCatcher Half Marathon has been selected by the 100 Half Marathons Club as their spring reunion race! Members receive a special registration rate PLUS an opportunity to partake in special Club-Only activities arranged just for the Club! If you're not a member, check out their membership requirements and consider joining. If you are a member, be sure to check out the members-only section for DreamCatcher Half registration instructions!