Volunteers are the engine that drives the DreamCatcher Half Marathon & Kids' Dash. 2018 marks our 5th year and we could not do it without YOU!
We could not make DreamCatcher a success without one essential ingredient — YOU! Volunteers are a vital part of creating this spectacular event. Volunteers provide safety and organization while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. It takes quite a few volunteers over the course of the event weekend to provide an amazing event for our participants here in the beautiful Grand Valley.
Volunteers are needed over the course of the weekend, starting with packet pick-up and continuing to race day.
Individual Volunteer Perks
Along with our heartfelt THANK YOU, as an individual volunteer for the DreamCatcher Half Marathon, you will receive:
- Entry to the Finisher Party with an entree and cold beer (21 and over)
- Volunteer Medal
- Credit toward volunteer/service hours for those needing this benefit
Group and Organization Volunteer Perks & Roles
Not only do we love our volunteers, but we LOVE when groups come out! Show your group/organization/company spirit by coming out together. In addition, we'll provide donations for qualifying groups (*some restrictions apply). Some of our popular group areas include but are not limited to:
- Aid Stations: Deck out your aid station by bringing balloons, company branded vehicle, table covers — you name it, you brand it!
- Medals: There is nothing more encouraging than putting a medal around the neck of a Half Marathon Finisher!
- Feed Line: Keep our runners from crashing by ensuring they have access to the immediate post-run snacks
- Finisher Party Celebration: Answer questions, take meal and beer tickets and help ensure our runners enjoy their celebration
- As a volunteer, you are an Ambassador for Starunner Enterprises and the DreamCatcher Half Marathon & Kids' Dash and should treat runners, guests, participants, and other volunteers with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Be prepared to answer many types of questions. Familiarize yourself with the course map and schedule of events. You can find this information on our website,www.starunnerenterprises.com or our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/dreamcatchergj to learn more about our event.
- You can sign up for as many shifts and roles as you like — but please make sure they don't overlap!
- Once you sign up, we depend on your commitment to being a part of DreamCatcher. Your prompt arrival and completion of your shift are vital to success. When you sign up, you commit to being present for that specific shift(s) during the entire length of that shift(s).
- Until 2 days prior to your scheduled shift, you are able to change/cancel your day/assignment by contacting email@example.com.
- If it is the day of your scheduled shift and you find you cannot make it, please be considerate and contact our volunteer coordinator, Tami Robinson, so we can adjust our roster.
- We are like the postal service — our event will take place regardless of the weather. Please check the weather and dress accordingly. We recommend dressing in layers as the weather in can change quickly.
- You may not consume any alcoholic beverages or smoke during your volunteer shift.
- You may not text/talk on your cell phone during your volunteer shift.
- Unless otherwise directed, you may not eat during your volunteer shift. Please plan on eating before/after your shift.
- Your assignment is complete when a staff member releases you. If you have not been released at the end of your shift, please contact a lead volunteer or staff member. If you are on the course, your assignment is complete when you are contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator, Tami Robinson, that you can clean up your area and bring the supplies into the start area.
- Children under the age of 10 may not participate as a solo volunteer (ie, an individual not signed up with a group of 10 or more), nor may they be with you during your volunteer shift. Children between the ages of 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:6 ratio; Children between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:15 ratio.
- Pets are not allowed with you during your volunteer shift
- Depending on race needs, volunteer assignments may be reallocated — please be flexible.
- Starunner Enterprises is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
We LOVE our Volunteers!