In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Littleton Adventist Hospital is a full-service medical center that has provided compassionate health care and quality treatment for more than 30 years. Our medical teams specialize in cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, cancer care, as well as women’s and children’s services. The hospital is home to a Level III NICU, a Level II Trauma Center and a nationally accredited breast center.
2020 marks the 12th Annual Backcountry Wilderness Half Marathon in Highlands Ranch! This 13.1 mile scenic trail run utilizes the Douglas County East/West trail and the beautiful Highlands Ranch Community Association's Backcountry Wilderness Area trails.
Prize Money will be awarded to the top 3 male and female overall winners in the following amounts!
1st= $400 2nd= $200 3rd=$100
Register by 10/23/20 to guarantee t-shirt!
Cut-off Time= ~3 hours 45 minutes
We race rain, shine, sleet or snow 99% of the time! However, in the case of COVID-19, severe weather (lightning, tornado, bomb cyclone, hurricane, tsunami) and the course becomes inaccessible and/or pose a major safety danger to participants, the race may be postponed.
In an effort to eliminate crowds, we ask that everyone abide by the below guidelines to keep our staff and our community safe and healthy and allow the races to continue to run in-person and as scheduled. We thank you for your help and participation as we navigate these times!
-Wave/staggered assigned start times
- Staff & Volunteers will be in masks. Racers are encouraged to wear one before and after the race.
- No water coolers. Please bring sufficient amounts of water. Only bottled water will be available.
- No on-site registration
-No print results and on-site awards. Results will be live immediately following the race. Awards will be available for pickup the following week at Eastridge Rec Center.
- Racers are encouraged to limit their time onsite before and after the race.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or were in contact with someone who tested positive in the last 14 days, we encourage you to stay home.
Early Packet Pickup
Race Day Packet Pickup
Time: 8:00- 9:00 a.m.
Location: Rocky Heights Middle School (11033 Monarch Blvd, Lone Tree, CO 80124)
**YOU MUST BRING YOUR PHOTO ID.
The Backcountry Wilderness Half Marathon course has spectacular views! The course is a single loop that is 100% on dirt/gravel/single track. Runners will have the potential to view wildlife along the way as well as soak in the amazing mountain views. This year's race will be run counter-clockwise. The first ~2 miles of the course are only open on race day as that section goes through a private pasture.
Since the Backcountry Wilderness Half Marathon is a trail race in November, there is a potential on race day to encounter mud, snow or ice on the trail. We race rain, shine, sleet or snow! However, in the case of severe weather and the trails become inaccessible and pose a major safety danger to participants, the race may be postponed.
Additional Course Details
For the safety of participants and potential Backcountry Wilderness Area wildlife, dogs and strollers are NOT allowed.
How Does a Virtual Race Work? It's Easy!
- Sign Up
- Print off downloadable Virtual Half Marathon bib.
- Run race whenever (within 2-week window. 10/24-11/7) and wherever (any route, indoors, outdoors, treadmill, trail etc... You choose! If running outdoors, please be sure to practice proper social distancing and run alone, or only with members of your household.
- Submit time on RunSignup Half Marathon page (you will be sent instructions once the race window opens)
- Take photos and use #BCHALF2020 on Instagram and/or tag us on Facebook @ HRraceseries
- Pickup Custom Medal & T-shirt & Pint Glass
All virtual racers will receive:
Race Series Generic T-Shirt
Custom Finishers Medal
Race Series Pint Glass
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.