We rely on our wonderful volunteers to help make our race experiences both enjoyable and successful. Please consider lending a hand at this event and enjoying a race from the other side!
The Richmond Road Runners Club has minimum age requirements for volunteers in certain tasks. If you volunteer for a task with a minimum age requirement, you may not be accompanied by a child(ren) under 12 years of age. This is for the safety of your child and for everyone else at the race. We need you to be able to focus on you volunteer duties. There are no exceptions. If you arrive on race day with a child(ren) under age 12, you will be told that you cannot serve as a volunteer, and you will not earn Grand Prix points for that event.
Richmond Road Runners Club's Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Conduct yourself as a positive, informative member of our volunteer team. Consider how long our athletes have prepared and help to celebrate their accomplishments!
- Follow all directions from your volunteer coordinator. These directions are in place for the safety of our volunteers, runners and spectators.
- Refrain from using profane, harassing, or any other language which could be considered offensive.
- Refrain from using any and all drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products while volunteering and during our events.
- Respect and treat all event participants with dignity and kindness. The RRRC is home to one of the most eclectic running groups in America. Everyone deserves a chance to run.
Richmond Road Runners Club's Volunteer Guidelines
- Upon arrival, please check in at your designated volunteer check-in location.
- Richmond Road Runners Club and its staff and volunteers are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We highly recommend that volunteers leave any and all valuables at home.
- All course marshals, parking attendants, photographers, and volunteer coordinators must wear their volunteer shirt, if one is supplied, and/or a reflective safety vest for the duration of their volunteer shift. The vests should be returned to the event finish line area.
- All volunteers will be required to stand for most if not all of their shift. Please be prepared by dressing comfortably for your assignment and appropriately based upon the weather conditions. Water station volunteers may get wet!
- All volunteers must plan to work for the entirety of their shift. Shift times and locations have been predetermined for safety precautions.
- It is prohibited to bring children under the age of 12 or pets that are not service animals to certain volunteer shift location. This could create a safety concern for our participants and volunteers alike.
- If you need to cancel, please contact us at email@example.com immediately. Do not contact the race director regarding volunteer questions or requests.