Welcome to the 45th Annual DRC Half Marathon and 5K!
For over four decades, this race has been a celebration of our running home - White Rock Lake - and its beautiful trails. This year, a nasty virus will prevent us from hosting the usual party at Norbuck Park. For so many of us, this is an annual ritual and we cannot let our streaks be broken. We will adapt and persist! We want to give you all the opportunity to wrap up this difficult 2020 in the most awesome way possible - a race that is a testament to your passion, your training, and your commitment to health.
We want EVERYONE to participate. So we have picked a three-week window for the race, and the $15 race fee only covers the cost of medals and postage.
So, register, plan a route, strap on a GPS watch and go run!
RULES AND INFORMATION
- Pick any date and time between Saturday November 28th and Sunday December 20th
- Pick any route you like so long as it clearly covers the full distance you plan to run (13.1miles, 10k or 5k). We will help by posting routes to the event page on Facebook.
- You have to run this event outdoors - no treadmill runs.
- Use a GPS enabled phone or watch
- DO NOT PAUSE OR STOP YOUR WATCH MID-RUN.
- Once finished, stop your run and save it. Sync it with Garmin, your phone or other platforms like Strava. Send us the link to the workout/activity.
Instructions will be posted here and on Facebook.
- For each race distance, the top three male and female finishers will receive age-group awards in the following groups:
under-20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- We will be mailing finisher medals and t-shirts well after the race window. Please make sure your address is accurate when you register.
- Your finish times will not be considered official, and we will not publish them to Athlinks. You can look up reported times on runsignup.
- Yes, this is a virtual event, but there ain't nothing virtual about this pandemic.
- We strongly recommend that you run alone.
- If you absolutely must run with anyone outside your household, remember - the race, DRC or RunSignUp isn't responsible for your decision.
- Don't gather more than four or five people, wear a mask before and after your activity, stay six feet apart from others, don't spit or otherwise expel germs close to others.
- Dallas County has issued guidelines for outdoor activities. Please read and follow these guidelines.
- If you plan to run on our streets - be extra careful about traffic. Make sure you are easily visible.
- Once you complete your race, make sure to save your run/walk on your GPS enabled watch or phone.
- Then log back into RunSignup and follow instructions at this link to report your time.
- Finally, to be eligible for age-group awards, you must submit the GPS data for your run/walk.
- Please email races@dallasrunningclub with "THEHALF2020 TIMING" in the subject line. The email should contain a link to your workout.
- See the following tutorials on how to share a link to your workout on different platforms.
- Apple: On your iPhone, in the Activity app, go to: Workouts (tab) > tap on a workout to view the summary > tap on the Share button (upper-right) > share your workout results via options including Messages, Mail and Twitter.