Additional race information can be found at https://sleepingbearmarathon.com/.
10484 Niagra St.
Empire, MI US 49630
Join us for a scenic marathon, half marathon, and 5K run/walk in the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. All races finish in Empire, MI. The Marathon and Half Marathon start at the Dune Climb with the 5K starting at Empire Beach.
The out-and-back marathon course will take runners by the “Dune Climb”, Little Glen Lake, and through the village of Glen Arbor with breathtaking views of the Manitou Islands and Sleeping Bear Dunes along the way.
The half marathon will see some challenging hills and beautiful scenery along the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
The 5K takes you on a fun out/back route finishing at the beautiful shores of Empire Beach.
At the peak of fall color season, the tree-lined course will be one that both runners and spectators won’t soon forget. See why Good Morning America calls this area one of the most beautiful in the United States.
WHAT YOU GET
- Finisher Shirt and Medal
- Post-race refreshments and snacks
- Professional Race Timing With Fast, Accurate results
- Free Digital Race Photos from Focal Flame Photography
- Free Race Tracking With the Race Day Event App
- One of the most beautiful running courses around!
Sleeping Bear Dunes Park Pass
Message from National Park Service:
- Full and Half Marathon participants must have a valid Sleeping Bear Dunes Entrance Pass on race day, either before or after the race. Information can be found here.
- Participants may purchase their park pass at the visitor center, campgrounds, Dune Climb, or Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive. Staff will be at the Platte River Campground until 8:00 pm on Friday. The Philip Hart Visitor Center in Empire will be open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily for pass sales. They can also utilize the self-pay stations at North Bar Lake, Peterson Road Beach or the Maritime Museum Beach. Other beaches have self-pay stations but those 3 are the closest to Empire. If they don't have time to purchase a pass before the race, they can always do it after the race is over.
- This is NOT a parking pass. Regardless of where you park, you will still need this pass.
- 5K participants, spectators, and volunteers DO NOT need a Sleeping Bear Dunes Entrance Pass.
PACKET PICK-UP INFORMATION
Packet pick-up information is here.
Let your friends and family know where you are! Download the Race Day Events App for real-time tracking and results on an interactive map! You’ll also find event information, event photo frames to share and more!
To Track A Participant:
- Select “Sleeping Bear Marathon” and press the “Live Tracking” icon to add your favorite participants.
- You’ll need to log-in with Facebook or create an account.
- Participants must be added by name as bibs are not assigned until packet pick-up.
- Choose “Notify Me” to receive push notifications for that participant.
- Be sure to allow the app to provide you with notifications.
Get A Refund By Referring Friends!
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.