In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Join us for the 2020 Paige’s Butterfly Virtual Run
Saturday, August 15th through Thursday, August 20th
Virtual races happen all the time, and allow you to join the fun without the crowds. You simply run the distance on your own, and report your results - we’ll send you instructions.
Held in conjunction with the Taste of Syracuse, this annual event brings over 2,000 runners and walkers from across Central New York to downtown Syracuse each June to participate in one of the region’s premier 5K races.
Due to COVID-19 and the chance of causing harm to the public health by bringing so many people together, for the FIRST TIME EVER, Paige’s Butterfly Run is going VIRTUAL from August 15th thru August 20th! Our goal remains the same, to put on a stellar community virtual event while raising the critical dollars necessary to fund pediatric cancer research and patient programs at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital.
You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. There will be no specific course. This means you can jog, walk, skip or dance. You can do this on the sidewalk, on a track, on a treadmill or on a trail, just remember to use recommended safety precautions and practice social distancing.
Virtual Paige’s Butterfly Run is comprised of two events:
- 3K Fun Fitness Run/Walk
Share with us your results and pictures or videos on social media by tagging @PaigesButterflyRun and using the hashtag #PaigesButterflyRun2020. We'll also be sharing your pictures and videos on our social media accounts throughout the virtual run/walk.
A virtual ceremony will be held on Saturday, August 22nd on Facebook Live at 10:00 AM.
Register online today to join us and help make history as Paige’s Butterfly Run goes virtual!
To make Virtual Paige’s Butterfly Run even more fun, we have created some contests:
To participate in the contests, all you need to do is share with us your pictures or videos on social media by tagging Paige's Butterfly Run and using the official hashtag: #PaigesButterflyRun2020. You’ll want to make sure that your posts are public. Click here for more details on how to make your post public. If you aren’t on social media, you can email them to us at email@example.com.
In 1993, Paige Yeomans Arnold was a seemingly healthy 6 year old first grader at Palmer Elementary School in Baldwinsville NY, when she was diagnosed with leukemia. Paige was then treated at what is now the Dr. William J. Waters Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital in Syracuse NY. Paige ultimately underwent a bone marrow transplant in an effort to cure her leukemia at Boston Children’s Hospital in 1994. Sadly, complications from the transplant led to her death in August of that year.
In the Spring of 1997, Paige’s parents were approached by a group of teachers at Palmer Elementary that wished to honor Paige in what would have been her last year at the school. In short order, it was decided that a walk\run event would be organized. All proceeds were slated to benefit a college scholarship fund and the Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders in Paige’s memory. The butterfly was selected as a symbol of the event not only because she was so fond of them, but because they typified her: beautiful and gentle, but strong beyond imagining.
After hosting the event from 1997-2007 at Palmer Elementary, Paige’s Butterfly Run came to downtown Syracuse in 2008 with the Taste of Syracuse Festival.
Since its inception in 1997, Paige’s Butterfly Run has raised over $3,000,000 to support cancer research and patient programs at the William J. Waters Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital.
Thank you to our generous sponsors! Click here to view our Paige's Butterfly Run sponsors for 2020.
We strive to make our annual Paige's Butterfly Run event more successful each year so we can help more children. Support from community organization’s is essential in helping make this happen. Sponsorship opportunities for Paige's Butterfly Run are still available. If you’re interested in being a corporate sponsor or making an in-kind contribution, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional race information can be found at http://pbrun.org/.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
***For those who registered prior to June 1st 2020***
- All entries for 2020 Paige’s Butterfly Run have been imported into RunSignUp. Please use the directions below to claim your entry so that you have full access to the Virtual Run and for your fundraising pages.
- If you do not already have an account with RunSignUp, please create one using the e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to.
- To create a RunSignUp account, use this link: https://runsignup.com/CreateAccount and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After you create an account, make sure you log-in to RunSignUp and visit the Paige’s Butterfly Run page: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Syracuse/PaigesButterflyRun5K2
- Use the “Find A Participant” link on the left frame main menu and then search for your name in the list of entrants.
- When your name appears, click on the words “Is this you?” and a pop-up window will appear asking you if you want to claim it. When you click the “Claim” button, RunSignUp will send you an e-mail with instructions to link this entry into your RunSignUp Profile. This e-mail will be sent to the address you used when registering for Paige’s Butterfly Run.
- In the “Claim” process, you may need to use the “Merge Accounts” option to merge this Paige’s entry into your profile.
- To view your entry in your RunSignUp profile, click on the icon logo in the upper right portion of the screen and you will see a “Profile” link. In your profile, you will now be able to see your entry for the 2020 Paige’s Butterfly Run, as well as a link to administer your individual fundraising page. Fundraising Team captains will also have the link to administer their team pages.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.